Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    I disagree with my priest about a lot of things, but I've spent my last decade of Sundays there nonetheless because they only revolve around minor quibbles. Thinking that God condemns the United States of America is a pretty extreme view, and I would almost immediately step out of the pew and walk out in front of two hundred people if my priest said that - especially if I happened to be a senator or a candidate for the presidency of the United States.
    No offense but this was a single statement made by Wright and I've yet to see any evidence that Obama was even at the church on the day it happened.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #72
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    I disagree with my priest about a lot of things, but I've spent my last decade of Sundays there nonetheless because they only revolve around minor quibbles. Thinking that God condemns the United States of America is a pretty extreme view, and I would almost immediately step out of the pew and walk out in front of two hundred people if my priest said that - especially if I happened to be a senator or a candidate for the presidency of the United States.
    What are some of the "minor quibbles" you disagree with your priest about? Do you think nobody in your church has anything more than "minor quibbles" with him?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #73
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey, replying to another View Post
    No offense but this was a single statement made by Wright and I've yet to see any evidence that Obama was even at the church on the day it happened.
    Now, now... let's not let facts, or the absence of them, get in the way of a good right wing rant

  4. #74
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    It's funny how vehemently people claim RP is a racist based on the newsletters without any real proof that he had involvement in the writing/editing of them, yet say that those of us who give him the benefit of the doubt must be doing some mental gymnastics to get there. I don't hear anybody saying that he isn't responsible for the newsletters (even the man himself) because they bear his name and ultimately it is his responsibility. Then to go on and say that his lack of oversight makes him a terrible choice for President because what if he does it to an important bill etc. Yet, it is common knowledge that RP is probably one of the most fastidious members of congress when it comes to reading what he signs. Let's go ahead and ignore that fact because that would have no bearing on him as President. To label the man a racist is merely just slander (I would like some more instances of racism other than these newsletter please, maybe something tangible) and just shows your bias against him and to try and claim he wasn't responsible for the newsletters (which I haven't really heard anybody say) is just ignorant.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #75
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    It's funny how vehemently people claim RP is a racist based on the newsletters without any real proof that he had involvement in the writing/editing of them, yet say that those of us who give him the benefit of the doubt must be doing some mental gymnastics to get there. I don't hear anybody saying that he isn't responsible for the newsletters (even the man himself) because they bear his name and ultimately it is his responsibility. Then to go on and say that his lack of oversight makes him a terrible choice for President because what if he does it to an important bill etc. Yet, it is common knowledge that RP is probably one of the most fastidious members of congress when it comes to reading what he signs. Let's go ahead and ignore that fact because that would have no bearing on him as President. To label the man a racist is merely just slander (I would like some more instances of racism other than these newsletter please, maybe something tangible) and just shows your bias against him and to try and claim he wasn't responsible for the newsletters (which I haven't really heard anybody say) is just ignorant.
    You are right. He is a Republican with a great voting record and liberty is at his forefront of efforts. He is clearly the best candidate for president then next time around. I just hope he isnt a well played trumph card. Sometimes if something sounds to good to be true, it is exaclty that. But my further sentences do not moot my first three.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #76
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    It's funny how vehemently people claim RP is a racist based on the newsletters without any real proof that he had involvement in the writing/editing of them, yet say that those of us who give him the benefit of the doubt must be doing some mental gymnastics to get there. I don't hear anybody saying that he isn't responsible for the newsletters (even the man himself) because they bear his name and ultimately it is his responsibility. Then to go on and say that his lack of oversight makes him a terrible choice for President because what if he does it to an important bill etc. Yet, it is common knowledge that RP is probably one of the most fastidious members of congress when it comes to reading what he signs. Let's go ahead and ignore that fact because that would have no bearing on him as President. To label the man a racist is merely just slander (I would like some more instances of racism other than these newsletter please, maybe something tangible) and just shows your bias against him and to try and claim he wasn't responsible for the newsletters (which I haven't really heard anybody say) is just ignorant.
    My biggest problem is he doesn't own up the the situation. Far too many politicians do this. Deny, reflect blame, anything other than own up to it. Unless their backs are against the wall and they cant blame someone else, or deny it. Then they come out and want to accept responsibility.

  7. #77
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    It's funny how vehemently people claim RP is a racist based on the newsletters without any real proof that he had involvement in the writing/editing of them, yet say that those of us who give him the benefit of the doubt must be doing some mental gymnastics to get there.
    As you are here. You're choice of the word "proof" over "evidence" is telling. You're purposely setting the bar higher than can be achieved in an effort to bolster your own bias.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I don't hear anybody saying that he isn't responsible for the newsletters (even the man himself) because they bear his name and ultimately it is his responsibility. Then to go on and say that his lack of oversight makes him a terrible choice for President because what if he does it to an important bill etc. Yet, it is common knowledge that RP is probably one of the most fastidious members of congress when it comes to reading what he signs. Let's go ahead and ignore that fact because that would have no bearing on him as President. To label the man a racist is merely just slander (I would like some more instances of racism other than these newsletter please, maybe something tangible) and just shows your bias against him and to try and claim he wasn't responsible for the newsletters (which I haven't really heard anybody say) is just ignorant.
    Is he, really? His stances are consistent, for the most part, I'll give him that, but at the same time he would also know that he would oppose pretty much anything that comes down the line just based on surface beliefs, so in-depth reading isn't really necessary. It's not like he had to read every word and pick out some little vague nuance. Things like "No taxes" or "the budget isn't balanced" are easy and good enough. What's ignorant... willfully ignorant... is choosing to fail to see evidence for what it is.

  8. #78
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    As you are here. You're choice of the word "proof" over "evidence" is telling. You're purposely setting the bar higher than can be achieved in an effort to bolster your own bias.



    Is he, really? His stances are consistent, for the most part, I'll give him that, but at the same time he would also know that he would oppose pretty much anything that comes down the line just based on surface beliefs, so in-depth reading isn't really necessary. It's not like he had to read every word and pick out some little vague nuance. Things like "No taxes" or "the budget isn't balanced" are easy and good enough. What's ignorant... willfully ignorant... is choosing to fail to see evidence for what it is.
    You must have missed the part where I said he was responsible for the newsletter, I just don't think he is a racist. I need more evidence than a few newsletters to be convinced otherwise. That is called being informed, not ignorant. Clearly you have the man pegged as a racist and that's your prerogative.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Hail to the King baby!

  9. #79
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    You must have missed the part where I said he was responsible for the newsletter, I just don't think he is a racist. I need more evidence than a few newsletters to be convinced otherwise. That is called being informed, not ignorant. Clearly you have the man pegged as a racist and that's your prerogative.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Damage is already done. Many see Paul as a racist (true or false is not the issue)

  10. #80
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    You must have missed the part where I said he was responsible for the newsletter, I just don't think he is a racist. I need more evidence than a few newsletters to be convinced otherwise. That is called being informed, not ignorant. Clearly you have the man pegged as a racist and that's your prerogative.
    You rationalized the level of his responsibility. As far as your conclusion regarding my opinion, start at Post #1 in this thread and read all my posts. If you're even partially intellectually honest, you will realize that your conclusion is incorrect.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •