Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

  1. #21
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Ron Paul has denied any involvement in the racist newsletters he has been accused of being part of, but....



    It hurts me to have to say the following: I have been an ardent supporter of Ron Paul for many years, even voting for him whenever I got a chance. Now I have to take a hard look at what I have been doing, use a little reason, and change my own course. Since Ron Paul did sign off on those racist articles, he knew what was in them, and that is not acceptable. Had Ron Paul just come out and said that he was involved, and apologize, it wouldn't be so bad. After all, George Wallace turned into a very decent human being before he died, renouncing racism. But Ron Paul had to continue to say he knew nothing about the newsletters. He lied to me.

    If it is just one associate of Dr. Paul saying this, it wouldn't be hard to rationalize "sour grapes" here. But 3 associates? This tells me all I need to know. It is with a heavy heart, and with great disappointment, that I hereby renounce my support of Ron Paul. I know that I am about to be flamed hard and insulted for doing this, but since I am doing the right thing here, I have no problem with it. Since I supported Dr. Paul for all these years, this is something that I need to say.

    Article is here.

    Dan, you and I have had our disagreements, and I am aware of what you at least on the forum think of me, and I of you. But, I think that this post is heart felt, and think you are more of a stand up guy for writing it.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #22
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This really doesn't seem to go against what I seem to remember was the general argument this whole time...that Paul signed off on these things but didn't really closely look over his news letter. More of a rubber stamp thing.

    So yeah, it speaks poorly to his judge of character and decision making. A negative...one that's hardly unique to Ron Paul.
    Actually, I think the fact the offensive content is only within a specific five-year period, when he was least involved with the newsletter, and only includes these scraps buried in the middle of the newsletter is a positive. One should hardly expect pure perfection of anyone at any time, let alone all the time.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    WAIT.


    Besides, Paul probably didn't think of the papers as racist...
    Of course he doesn't. It is part and parcel of the extreme right wing to both deny racism as a living ideology in America as well as deny they harbor such beliefs.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #24
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Of course he doesn't. It is part and parcel of the extreme right wing to both deny racism as a living ideology in America as well as deny they harbor such beliefs.

    Define "extreme right wing".... Or as I suspect are you just calling all those that oppose your ideological beliefs, racist?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #25
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    At the end of the day, these things went out with Ron Paul's name on them. If nothing else, he should be ultimately responsible for his own newsletter, and he should be more careful about what is said "in his name."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Of course he doesn't. It is part and parcel of the extreme right wing to both deny racism as a living ideology in America as well as deny they harbor such beliefs.
    I'm sorry, isn't it the left wing that says minorities cannot succeed unless Government helps them with... well **** everything?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #27
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Of course he doesn't. It is part and parcel of the extreme right wing to both deny racism as a living ideology in America as well as deny they harbor such beliefs.
    Are you saying that Ron Paul is part of the extreme right wing?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  8. #28
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Are you saying that Ron Paul is part of the extreme right wing?

    I think he is saying that anyone who is not liberal progressive is 'extreme right wing'...


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Actually, I think the fact the offensive content is only within a specific five-year period, when he was least involved with the newsletter, and only includes these scraps buried in the middle of the newsletter is a positive. One should hardly expect pure perfection of anyone at any time, let alone all the time.
    So you support politicans not taking responsibility for what is done in their name?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm sorry, isn't it the left wing that says minorities cannot succeed unless Government helps them with... well **** everything?
    No, that is just a retarded right wing straw man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •