Page 86 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #851
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    This does not speak top my position which is as follows:
    I was asked to show where the Democrats offered spending cuts for tax increases and showed you when that happened. We got the tax increases but never the spending cuts. Until the govt. actually cuts spending I have no interest in you or anyone else paying higher taxes.

  2. #852
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    When you pretend to reply to something you reproduce, do you even make a halfway attempt at speaking to it... it least as a lame pretense?

    I told you that Republicans were determined to defeat him BEFORE he ever took office. You said that was just my opinion. You were just proven wrong AGAIN with the Limbaugh column which came before Inauguration day 2009.
    Oh, I see, that is something new and of course Democrats never do that? Limbaugh was talking about Obama policies and Limbaugh has proven to be a prophet

  3. #853
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, LBJ opened the lockbox by putting SS on budget and making it part of a unified budget
    Which has nothing to do with what Gore said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #854
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which has nothing to do with what Gore said.
    But it has everything to do with what I said and what is going on. SS and Medicare have no business on budget and being spent on items other than SS and Medicare. LBJ put it there to pay for the Vietnam War and every Congress and Administration since has used it as a slush fund. Now it has trillions in unfunded liabilities and like all liberals you kick the can down the road never addressing the real problems.

  5. #855
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was asked to show where the Democrats offered spending cuts for tax increases and showed you when that happened. We got the tax increases but never the spending cuts. Until the govt. actually cuts spending I have no interest in you or anyone else paying higher taxes.
    I did not ask you that.... You asked me how those proposed measures would result in smaller government and spending. I cited the unemployed as one possible beneficiary of those measures cited by the State of the Union Address.

    Thereafter, you wanted to paint a picture regarding the republicans from years ago...

  6. #856
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that your opinion of the data then is fact whereas my opinion of the data is fiction.
    No, BOTH our OPINIONS of the Data are just that, OPINIONS. It is amusing that you hold the presidency in a "god-like" status when you try to blame Obama for EVERYTHING. That simply is not reality of the position of the presidency. Bush was a poor leader and Obama is a poor leader. The difference? I'm not voting for Obama and you voted for Bush twice.

    You love bad leadership. I will vote against it.

  7. #857
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    But it has everything to do with what I said and what is going on. SS and Medicare have no business on budget and being spent on items other than SS and Medicare. LBJ put it there to pay for the Vietnam War and every Congress and Administration since has used it as a slush fund. Now it has trillions in unfunded liabilities and like all liberals you kick the can down the road never addressing the real problems.
    That is odd you never bitched and moaned about bush's medicare part D being unfunded.

    Anyhows what do you propose. Should the law be changed were SS doesn't have to invest overages in collections vs payouts?

    let's see which way the wind blows now LOL
    Last edited by winston53660; 01-26-12 at 03:37 PM.

  8. #858
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I did not ask you that.... You asked me how those proposed measures would result in smaller government and spending. I cited the unemployed as one possible beneficiary of those measures cited by the State of the Union Address.

    Thereafter, you wanted to paint a picture regarding the republicans from years ago...
    Then what exactly where you asking when you posted the following as it was related to the claims of spending cuts for tax increases. Apparently you don't even remember what you are posting.

    Even if you were informed of such ( I see no supporting documentation) that does not make it true.

    Your statement was fallacious and fueled by emotion. Unless you can provide documentation.
    Again please supply a source.

  9. #859
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, BOTH our OPINIONS of the Data are just that, OPINIONS. It is amusing that you hold the presidency in a "god-like" status when you try to blame Obama for EVERYTHING. That simply is not reality of the position of the presidency. Bush was a poor leader and Obama is a poor leader. The difference? I'm not voting for Obama and you voted for Bush twice
    You love bad leadership. I will vote against it.
    I hold the President and any elected official responsible for results just like I was held accountable for results after taking a management position. I voted for Bush because the alternative was Gore. Bush did a great job as Governor of TX and deserved the job. He inherited a recession due to the dot.com bubble bursting and then had 9/11. His tax cuts were implemented fully in 2003 and the results afterwards were better than what he inherited and the alternative was Kerry so I chose wisely. Seems logic and common sense aren't your strong suit

  10. #860
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As are you if you don't like capitalism and free enterprise. This country wasn't built on the vision of Barack Obama or liberalism but yours is a typical response from a liberal who cannot accept being challenged. You constantly buy rhetoric about spending in the name of compassion yet never holding liberalism for their failure in generating compassionate results. Keep ignoring how much I give to charity and to my church. Apparently that isn't spending my money the way you or the bureaucrats want.
    Oh how you must despise history...this nation was not truly great until after WWII when the historic rise of middle class made it the envy of the world. It was built on the vison of fairness and equal opportunity for ALL. A vision outlined and pursued by FDR and his new Bill of Rights. The further we stray from his vision the more we return the the age of the Robber Baron's. A dark time when the average American got paid $2 a day or less and the maldistribution of wealth was just as bad as it is today. Sorry but your vision is of a run of the mill banana republic that abuses the majority for the benefit of the wealthy few. There is no shortage of countries like that, America is unique if you can't abide there is always the door.
    Charity is tax deductable, stop the crowing about how nuch you give. Just think how much more you can give when the tax rates go back. The higher the rates the more your "charity" will make sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •