Page 84 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #831
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Limbaugh was right, Obama policies have failed
    Only the very most dishonest person would attribute the results that occurred before Obama implemented his policies as Obama's fault. Even your Conservative cohorts admit that as per the Republican response to the SOTU address. After the Obama measures were implemented, you're see the positive reactions from the stock market to unemployment from month to month.

    Also, you're a outright hypocrite if you're going to condemn Obama but completely ignore that fact that the Conservative mantra of tax cutting and regulation smashing got America into this horrible position. Conservative plans have failed for quite sometime. When every Republican administration for the past few decades have increased the deficit (deficit, not just debt), they really need to change their tactics if they want to be taken seriously.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #832
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where is the money going to come from to pay those obligations? Why won't you or any other big govt. liberal answer the question?
    Where does the money come from to pay any Treasury security or government issued bond. Sheesh.... I think I would rather listen to a broken record of a pig singing.

    now:

    So would you still have these funds invested in very secure special issue treasury securities or marketable treasury securities or.....?

  3. #833
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Even if you were informed of such ( I see no supporting documentation) that does not make it true.

    Your statement was fallacious and fueled by emotion. Unless you can provide documentation.


    Again please supply a source.
    http://atlanticsentinel.com/2011/11/...o-raise-taxes/

    In 1982, after enacting historic tax cuts with overwhelming congressional support, President Ronald Reagan agreed to raise business and excise taxes in exchange for $280 in spending reduction over six years. Taxes went up but so did spending—by $450 billion, $140 billion of which was allocated to defense. Revenue, however, increased by only $375 billion during the remainder of Reagan’s tenure.

    A couple of years later, President George H.W. Bush struck a similar deal with Democrats. In violation of a campaign pledge not to raise taxes, the senior Bush accepted a “balanced” approach that included spending cuts and tax increases to mend the deficit. Except the spending cuts never materialized and Bush lost reelection in 1992 because the voters felt they’d been cheated.

  4. #834
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Where does the money come from to pay any Treasury security or government issued bond. Sheesh.... I think I would rather listen to a broken record of a pig singing.

    now:

    So would you still have these funds invested in very secure special issue treasury securities or marketable treasury securities or.....?
    It is either printed or borrowed, how does that affect the value of the dollar you hold?

  5. #835
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Only the very most dishonest person would attribute the results that occurred before Obama implemented his policies as Obama's fault. Even your Conservative cohorts admit that as per the Republican response to the SOTU address. After the Obama measures were implemented, you're see the positive reactions from the stock market to unemployment from month to month.

    Also, you're a outright hypocrite if you're going to condemn Obama but completely ignore that fact that the Conservative mantra of tax cutting and regulation smashing got America into this horrible position. Conservative plans have failed for quite sometime. When every Republican administration for the past few decades have increased the deficit (deficit, not just debt), they really need to change their tactics if they want to be taken seriously.
    It has been three years since the Obama economic policies were implemented and the results are worse today than when he took office. That has nothing to do with what he inherited but more what he has done. I find it quite telling that you have a problem with people keeping more of their own money. You either work for the govt. or will be working for the govt.

  6. #836
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    When you pretend to reply to something you reproduce, do you even make a halfway attempt at speaking to it... it least as a lame pretense?

    I told you that Republicans were determined to defeat him BEFORE he ever took office. You said that was just my opinion. You were just proven wrong AGAIN with the Limbaugh column which came before Inauguration day 2009.
    As I posted and you ignored 52% of the people voted for him and he had a 70% approval rating. It was the results that changed both numbers, results that you want to ignore. You always blame someone else for a liberal's own failure.

  7. #837
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    It they don't drive...then why should they be burdened with highway and bridge construction?

    You are putting me to sleep. Ever hear of "Cognitive Rigidity".
    You listed them as taxes people pay which just like most of the taxes you listed are use taxes and have nothing to do with FIT

    You probably should ask the University of TX to teach you basic logic, common sense, along with U.S. tax policy.
    Last edited by Conservative; 01-26-12 at 02:31 PM.

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You probably should ask the University of TX to teach you basic logic, common sense, along with U.S. tax policy.
    I see your personal attacks are alive and well with you today.

  9. #839
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I see your personal attacks are alive and well with you today.
    I see that anytime someone provides with you actual data and fact it is considered a personal attack

  10. #840
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is either printed or borrowed, how does that affect the value of the dollar you hold?
    Are you just going to keep on dodging this very direct query?

    So would you still have these funds invested in very secure special issue treasury securities or marketable treasury securities or.....?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •