Page 74 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Bottom line is that it is as it always has been. Liberals want others to pay for their stuff. And Government is the mechanism. Every argument they make fits that blueprint. One can read it over and over and over in any forum.

    .......... A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

  2. #732
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Better tell the IRS that their data is wrong, because 47% of all INCOME EARNING HOUSEHOLDS don't pay any Federal Income taxes with many getting a check from the taxpayers even though they don't pay any Federal income Taxes.
    Nobody denies the numbers on FIT, but the distortions and mistruths or just lies attached to the numbers always go unstated. Please give us a breakdown of exactly how that works that the 47% exists, Conservative?

  3. #733
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? He paid over 3 million dollars a year in income taxes and contributed significantly to charity. Compare that to those compassionate Obama's and Biden's as to how much they gave to charity?
    Defend the man all you wish. Vote for him for all I care. He appears to be a weakling that has a low braking point. He would not get my vote.

  4. #734
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What stimulates the economy, more take home pay or less? you do know that FIT is a reduction in take home pay, right?
    Yes I do. So what is your point? Your analogy is tantamount to a person who receives a windfall but complains that he must pay tax on it. I do not see the sense in your [position. Jobs would be provided, the unemployed would have a source of revenue, the financial government's burden and spending would be reduced.

  5. #735
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Nobody denies the numbers on FIT, but the distortions and mistruths or just lies attached to the numbers always go unstated. Please give us a breakdown of exactly how that works that the 47% exists, Conservative?
    What distortions and mistruths? The numbers come from the IRS and are you telling me that 47% of INCOME EARNING HOUSEHOLDS cannot pay anything in Federal Income Taxes? Do you understand what income earning households means? Where is the mistruth here? You call them lies because you don't want to believe them. check with the IRS and find out if that number is true. If you don't pay any FIT and make income it isn't too hard to exist.

  6. #736
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yep, that's what I said, less than half.

    I never said SS is part of income tax, I said it is a federal tax that goes into the general fund, just like income taxes do.

    Yep. That's why it was so cool to prove you wrong on Romney and Buffet!

    No one said they didn't.

    But only 14% pay no federal taxes, and they are our poor seniors and the disabled.

    You are a glutton for punishment!
    And you, Catawba, are a legend in your own mind.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #737
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Yes I do. So what is your point? Your analogy is tantamount to a person who receives a windfall but complains that he must pay tax on it. I do not see the sense in your [position. Jobs would be provided, the unemployed would have a source of revenue, the financial government's burden and spending would be reduced.
    I probably pay more in FIT than you make and those evil rich people give more to charity and their church than liberals want to acknowledge. What happens when any President compromises with Congress and promises tax increases for spending cuts? We get the tax increases and Congress spends more money. You want tax increases then cut spending first. Take the U.S. Budget back to the 2008 levels and start cutting from there. Too many politicians buy votes with their pork barrel spending to ever cut that spending. you and others need to wake up.

  8. #738
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    i am not surprised to see that a net job loss, net employment loss, net labor force loss, net unemployment gains, a rising misery index all at a cost of 4.6 trillion added to the debt is a success to you. I get it, rhetoric trumps substance in your world.
    That is a lot of truth.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #739
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I really am sorry if facts actually get in the way of your opinion but your statement ignores reality, EVERY PRESIDENT has added significantly to the debt not just Republican Presidents. Fact is that Congress appropriates all that spending and in case you missed it, Congress was under Democrat control from 2007-2011 and it is Congress and the President responsible for the debt.
    Deficit and debt are not the same thing. FIRST, you have to correct the deficit before you can effectively address the debt. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that Conservative ideals have increased the DEFICIT everytime they were enacted.
    What you seem to always ignore and that is a problem with liberals like you, people keeping more of what they earn don't need a 3.8 trillion dollar Federal govt. no matter how much money goes to the Federal Govt. they are going to spend it so given that why do you have a problem with keeping more of what you earn? What you and all liberals do is buy the rhetoric of a liberal President and ignore the results of that same President.
    You've all but ignored the fact that Conservatives continue to preach to you the solution of cutting taxes will heal the broken economy. It hasn't happened. They've not changed their tune in any way, shape or form. When will you open your eyes to the fact that as soon as a Conservatives implements their plan of tax cutting and regulations smashing, the nation goes straight down the tubes? There is a cost for living into America. Pay it or get out. Conservatives don't want to pay and don't rules to regulation their bad behavior, but they want a safe society with roads and airports and all the amenities of a strong country. They just want it at the cost of Somalia or any crap hole 3rd world country. That doesn't work.
    i am still waiting for how Govt. Federal income tax and corporate tax revenue grew after both the Bush and Reagan tax cuts? In the liberal world that would be impossible. We have 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans today and approximately 54 million income earning households paying little if any Federal Income Taxes yet liberals want to raise the taxes on the top 1% that are now paying 37% of the FIT being collected. Do you realize how dumb that is?
    Yet Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 have all increased the national DEFICIT by huge amounts. Guess what? The plan didn't work as advertised. The middle class shrunk while the rich increased their wealth. That's not progress, that's the nation devolving into a 3rd world country. So again, explain how Conservative ideals have improved the country. Explain how the current batch is any different than Bush Jr. Explain how they will avoid the same pitfalls that Bush didn't avoid. How will cutting regulations some more benefit business and how cutting taxes when we can't afford the rebuild our infrastructure will benefit the average American.
    I know quite well how keeping more of what I earn works, I pay down debt and need less govt. I give more to charity and my church, I put money aside so I don't need you to take care of me when I get older. Too bad you don't understand the concept. Is that what the educatino system in NY has taught you?
    NYC education taught me if a particular plan doesn't work, you don't repeat that plan expecting a different result.
    Last edited by Tettsuo; 01-26-12 at 10:55 AM.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #740
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I probably pay more in FIT than you make
    You do not know what you are talking about I assure you...

    and those evil rich people give more to charity and their church than liberals want to acknowledge.
    You speak like an angry misinformed person. Am I to assume you are labeling me a liberal?

    What happens when any President compromises with Congress and promises tax increases for spending cuts? We get the tax increases and Congress spends more money. You want tax increases then cut spending first. Take the U.S. Budget back to the 2008 levels and start cutting from there. Too many politicians buy votes with their pork barrel spending to ever cut that spending. you and others need to wake up.
    Kindly supply references.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •