Page 73 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #721
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,414

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    In a nutshell, I like these:

    "1. Removing tax deductions for shipping jobs overseas and providing new incentives for bringing them back home;

    2. Targeting the domestic production incentive on manufacturers who create jobs here at home and doubling the deduction for advanced manufacturing;

    3. Introducing a new Manufacturing Communities Tax Credit to encourage investments in communities affected by job loss;

    4. Providing temporary tax credits to drive nearly $20 billion in domestic clean energy manufacturing;

    5. Reauthorizing 100% expensing of investment in plants and equipment;

    6. Closing a loophole that allows companies to shift profits overseas."
    not that I disagree with you but what does any of this have to do with the excessive spending and the massive expansion of govt? When will spending ever be addressed and cut with the real role of the Federal govt. resurfacing?

  2. #722
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,875

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when half the country doesn't pay income taxes but has almost enough votes to continually vote up the rates of the rest, we have a real problem

    the rest of your post is idiotic
    Your argument that the mysterious 47% of the people don't pay taxes is wearing thin and is a distortion of the facts and sheer propaganda that you've bought into. In other words, that dog don't hunt.

    For the rest of my post to be idiotic...I guess that would make the person who penned it to be an idiot. Right?

    TD, post after post after post you bully people around like your professional credentials and your financial status gives you the supreme right to degrade, dismiss, and belittle other people's opinion and facts. If people want to continue to buy into your conservative extremism opinions as the truth, nothing but the truth...so be it. BUT I KNOW IT ISN'T.

    I have another posting coming regarding your taxpayer claims. Meanwhile...talk amongst yourselves...

  3. #723
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,414

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Your argument that the mysterious 47% of the people don't pay taxes is wearing thin and is a distortion of the facts and sheer propaganda that you've bought into. In other words, that dog don't hunt.

    For the rest of my post to be idiotic...I guess that would make the person who penned it to be an idiot. Right?

    TD, post after post after post you bully people around like your professional credentials and your financial status gives you the supreme right to degrade, dismiss, and belittle other people's opinion and facts. If people want to continue to buy into your conservative extremism opinions as the truth, nothing but the truth...so be it. BUT I KNOW IT ISN'T.

    I have another posting coming regarding your taxpayer claims. Meanwhile...talk amongst yourselves...
    Better tell the IRS that their data is wrong, because 47% of all INCOME EARNING HOUSEHOLDS don't pay any Federal Income taxes with many getting a check from the taxpayers even though they don't pay any Federal income Taxes.

  4. #724
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,271

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Guess what Sheik, it turns out that more people were put on food stamps under Bush than Obama.

    FactCheck.org : Newt’s Faulty Food-Stamp Claim
    Did you read your article before you decided to start laughing about it....

    Are food stamps at a record setting high? Yes (Now, personally...I don't actually care about this statement in a way similar I don't care about Obama's "oil production" statement because in both cases every year or two there's typically a new "record setting high" because its continually growing).

    It points out that more people were put on food stamps under Bush than undre Obama....14.7 to 14.2 million. HOWEVER, it ALSO points out that its comparing Bush's 8 years to Obama's 3 years. So in 3 years Obama has seen .5 less millison.

    So as your article points out, the RATE of growht is substantially higher with Obama. Bush added an average of roughly 1.8 million a year during his term. Thus far the rate of increaes for Obama is 4.7 million. Could that go down over time? Absolutely...but if you're FORCING us, as the website is doing, of taking a snapshot then you have to rightfully look at the fact they're taking 8 years of numbers and comparing it to 3.

    So while you may be able to laugh that on a technicality Newt's statement wasn't correct, the generalized message behind his statement is actually shown pretty clearly from your own link. Increasing food stamp recipients at a pace of nearly 4 Million more a year than Bush is hardly something to at

  5. #725
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually it is much easier stating you are wrong. Apparently you have no clue how the private sector works as it is results oriented and results matter a lot more than the rhetoric. That puts us at exact opposites. I look at results and how those results were generated and you buy the rhetoric ignoring the results.

    Like most liberals you always want to divide people into classes. As a conservative it is very frustrating to be working so hard for people like you to keep more of what you earn. Not sure why or if you went to college but I went there with the idea of making a better life for myself and my family. I never cared what someone else has or what they pay in taxes. I always learned to celebrate success including successes of people like you if there ever was such a thing.

    This country was built on rugged individualism and self reliance. There always were consequences for failure but apparently not in your world. The only thing preventing you or any other liberal for joining the top 2% is your attitude and probably work ethic. If I wanted the rest of you to go to hell, I would be supporting Obama and liberalism plus I would care if you joined those of us that have produced in upper income.
    Are you afraid of the answer? Is that it? Instead of facing the truth, you've doubled down on insulting and rhetoric? Honestly, that's pretty sad.

    Do the facts get in the way of your rhetoric? Conservatives have tried over and over again to use the same tactics of tax cutting and regulation smashing to help the economy. For the last 50 years every Conservative that took office, ran up our deficit to higher and higher levels. This year we have Conservatives asking to once again do exactly what they did in previous years, yet telling us the results will be different this time. 100% nonsense.

    If it's not clear to you yet that the Conservative view of tax cutting (without balancing the budget) and regulations smashing (without understanding the ramifications of such actions) doesn't work well, then you've been living in the cone of silence your entire life.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #726
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    not that I disagree with you but what does any of this have to do with the excessive spending and the massive expansion of govt? When will spending ever be addressed and cut with the real role of the Federal govt. resurfacing?
    What that has to do with is the more the economy is stimulated and fed money that could be brought back into the US the easier it will be to cut programs that assist those who are unemployed for example.

  7. #727
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no, my effective income tax rate is high than romney's.
    I find it difficult to take Romney seriously.

  8. #728
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,414

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Are you afraid of the answer? Is that it? Instead of facing the truth, you've doubled down on insulting and rhetoric? Honestly, that's pretty sad.

    Do the facts get in the way of your rhetoric? Conservatives have tried over and over again to use the same tactics of tax cutting and regulation smashing to help the economy. For the last 50 years every Conservative that took office, ran up our deficit to higher and higher levels. This year we have Conservatives asking to once again do exactly what they did in previous years, yet telling us the results will be different this time. 100% nonsense.

    If it's not clear to you yet that the Conservative view of tax cutting (without balancing the budget) and regulations smashing (without understanding the ramifications of such actions) doesn't work well, then you've been living in the cone of silence your entire life.
    I really am sorry if facts actually get in the way of your opinion but your statement ignores reality, EVERY PRESIDENT has added significantly to the debt not just Republican Presidents. Fact is that Congress appropriates all that spending and in case you missed it, Congress was under Democrat control from 2007-2011 and it is Congress and the President responsible for the debt.

    What you seem to always ignore and that is a problem with liberals like you, people keeping more of what they earn don't need a 3.8 trillion dollar Federal govt. no matter how much money goes to the Federal Govt. they are going to spend it so given that why do you have a problem with keeping more of what you earn? What you and all liberals do is buy the rhetoric of a liberal President and ignore the results of that same President.

    i am still waiting for how Govt. Federal income tax and corporate tax revenue grew after both the Bush and Reagan tax cuts? In the liberal world that would be impossible. We have 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans today and approximately 54 million income earning households paying little if any Federal Income Taxes yet liberals want to raise the taxes on the top 1% that are now paying 37% of the FIT being collected. Do you realize how dumb that is?

    I know quite well how keeping more of what I earn works, I pay down debt and need less govt. I give more to charity and my church, I put money aside so I don't need you to take care of me when I get older. Too bad you don't understand the concept. Is that what the educatino system in NY has taught you?

  9. #729
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,414

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I find it difficult to take Romney seriously.
    Why? He paid over 3 million dollars a year in income taxes and contributed significantly to charity. Compare that to those compassionate Obama's and Biden's as to how much they gave to charity?

  10. #730
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,414

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    What that has to do with is the more the economy is stimulated and fed money that could be brought back into the US the easier it will be to cut programs that assist those who are unemployed for example.
    What stimulates the economy, more take home pay or less? you do know that FIT is a reduction in take home pay, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •