Page 63 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #621
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yea man, no one wants to pay more for anything.
    That's why responsible and mindful adults should be in control of the process.

    They should pay more because they cost the system a lot of money.
    So all the GOP has to do to convince seniors (the only demographic they carried in the last presidential election) to vote for them because the GOP will reduce their health care benefits so as to provide for even larger tax cuts for the rich?

    We'll see how that plays out for them!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #622
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,670

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I feel blessed, TD...really. Yes, the tax laws are broken, but please be genuine about who broke them....and continues to break them.

    Since you know da man...then do us all a favor...tell them if they want to continue to **** us all...at least appropriate enough to buy KY for all. I'm getting a little chapped myself.
    when half the country doesn't pay income taxes but has almost enough votes to continually vote up the rates of the rest, we have a real problem

    the rest of your post is idiotic

  3. #623
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    That elevator was plummeting when this President stepped aboard and turned it upward again. It takes time to arrest a fall that rapid.
    Yeah, right, but only because a liberal doesn't understand leadership and how to motivate a private sector economy. Reagan took a worse economy and turned it around in two years. It has been three years and the numbers are worse than when he took office.

  4. #624
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Doesn't seem that the chart coincides with the actual data probably because again you don't understand the chart which shows a ONE MONTH CHANGE in the numbers. Here is the actual private sector data

    Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: CES0500000001
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Super Sector: Total private
    Industry: Total private
    NAICS Code: -
    Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS
    Years: 1980 to 2011

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

    2009 110981 110260 109473 108700 108374 107936 107649 107434 107221 106971 106937 106835
    2010 106793 106772 106916 107145 107193 107258 107351 107461 107570 107713 107841 108008
    2011 108102 108363 108582 108823 108922 108997 109170 109242 109462 109579 109719 109928

  5. #625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know when we have more private sector jobs than we had when Obama took office and then when the recession started?
    Sure, just as soon as you figure out that Bush handed Obama an economy which lost nearly 4 million jobs in the first 6 months of 2009.

    Most Americans understand the impact of that on Obama's numbers even though you can't as by a margin of almost 2 to 1, people still blame Bush over Obama for that mess.

  6. #626
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If it doesn't matter that much, why do it?
    It matters to revenue, but not to job creation. Sorry, but business does not hinge on tax rates. They opperate on supply and demand. I thought you were a businessman once?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Sure, just as soon as you figure out that Bush handed Obama an economy which lost nearly 4 million jobs in the first 6 months of 2009.

    Most Americans understand the impact of that on Obama's numbers even though you can't as by a margin of almost 2 to 1, people still blame Bush over Obama for that mess.
    So much for shovel ready jobs, right?

    I posted the chart for employment, unemployment, private sector jobs and civilian labor force all worse than when Obama took office and the only reason the numbers show better is that a million people weren't counted as unemployed because the Obama economy discouraged them for staying in the labor force. Was Bush in charge in 2010 when the average was over 1 million a month? Let's take the discouraged workers for Bush add them to the unemployed number at its worst and compare that to the Obama discouraged plus unemployed. How do you think that will work out?

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Doesn't seem that the chart coincides with the actual data probably because again you don't understand the chart which shows a ONE MONTH CHANGE in the numbers. Here is the actual private sector data
    Holy ****, Con, I'm embarrassed for you. First of all, the chart I posted comes directly from the BLS and secondly, it was the chart you asked for. You get what you ask for and now you bitch about it???


    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post

    Actually, he has proven himself quite competent... doing a decent job fixing the mess left by the last guy (see employment trends chart below). Not to mention, he is heads and shoulders above the clowns the opposition have put up. Given that they are playing the "B" team, its clear they conceded the election to set themselves up for 2016. Sit back, relax and enjoy 4 more years.



    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You don't even know what that chart shows. Why don't you go to BLS and find that chart you referenced? Keep buying the liberal rhetoric which makes you look foolish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

  9. #629
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It matters to revenue, but not to job creation. Sorry, but business does not hinge on tax rates. They opperate on supply and demand. I thought you were a businessman once?
    It is insignificant and sends the wrong message in a private sector economy. How does raising taxes put 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans back to work

  10. #630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So much for shovel ready jobs, right?

    I posted the chart for employment, unemployment, private sector jobs and civilian labor force all worse than when Obama took office and the only reason the numbers show better is that a million people weren't counted as unemployed because the Obama economy discouraged them for staying in the labor force. Was Bush in charge in 2010 when the average was over 1 million a month? Let's take the discouraged workers for Bush add them to the unemployed number at its worst and compare that to the Obama discouraged plus unemployed. How do you think that will work out?
    And 4 million jobs lost in the first 6 months of 2009 which are directly attributable to Bush's Great Recession.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •