Page 22 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Obama was calling for unity ... How is that divisive?
    Obama was calling for unity while throwing logs on his class-warfare bonfire. As all the fact-checks are showing this AM, while lying through his friggin teeth about the "state of the Union".

  2. #212
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,719

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Obama was calling for unity ... How is that divisive?
    Because, in calling for unity, Obama was also causing divisiveness. Look, I don't like Republicans any more than you do, but guess what? I recognize that Democrats are just as bad. I can see it. Until the American people wake up and realize that we are being had, we will continue to be had.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #213
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    I think liberals hate Fox for having hate audacity of not being liberal like the rest of the news.

    I suppose the fact that they have higher viewership than the other channels supports argument that they are more in sync with the views of the average American.
    Liberals hate Fox because they are blatantly biased while maintaining that they are "Fair and Balanced"™.

  4. #214
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, how did the US get where it is at all then? I mean, since the majority of Presidents have been Republicans since there were Republicans.
    Starting with the first Republican President, Lincoln, there have been 19 Republican Presidents and 11 Democrats Presidents.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No deal. -- And you're parting shot off the bow that I was wrong isn't right either. You're batting zero.

    BTW, do you know what percentage Warren Buffett pays on his income? That answer would be, "No." Do you know what percentage the secretary pays on her income? That answer would also be, "No."

    Anyhow, I thought we had a sure contribution to DP on your behalf. But you weaseled...
    I just have to ask, if we accept what you agree is true and what you say isn't true, isn't it still a problem? Something few will see as fair?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #216
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Starting with the first Republican President, Lincoln, there have been 19 Republican Presidents and 11 Democrats Presidents.
    You also have to keep in mind that the Republican Party is very different today than it was in the days of Lincoln through TR.

  7. #217
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Liberals hate Fox because they are blatantly biased while maintaining that they are "Fair and Balanced"™.
    I say again....

    "Thank God for the unbiased news of MSNBC/NBC, ABC and CNN."
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  8. #218
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You also have to keep in mind that the Republican Party is very different today than it was in the days of Lincoln through TR.
    I understand.

    The Democrat Party today is vastly different from that of Truman and JFK.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  9. #219
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I say again....

    "Thank God for the unbiased news of MSNBC/NBC, ABC and CNN."
    MSNBC is clearly liberal. I don't think they suggest that they aren't. That's the difference. CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN are somewhere in the middle.

  10. #220
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I understand.

    The Democrat Party today is vastly different from that of Truman and JFK.
    Truman, yes. JFK ... not so much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •