Page 152 of 159 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #1511
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    By the standard set by those who claim Obama is engaged in class warfare, any mention of class would be class warfare. It's a stupdi argument, but it is the one you make. Often.

    Liberals keep raising the issue and I responded. Suggest you read all the posts including the one I was responding to.

  2. #1512
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will take the guy with actual business experience and the intelligence to make investments that generated about 25 million a year in income. sounds like the kind of guy we need with a 15.2 trillion dollar debt
    So by that logic, Warren Buffet would be a much better candidate, right?

  3. #1513
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's still class warfare. But you support that.
    Where is the class warfare on the poor or the rich supported by Romney? I don't hear him saying the rich aren't paying their fair share?

  4. #1514
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So by that logic, Warren Buffet would be a much better candidate, right?
    Didn' know Buffet was running?

  5. #1515
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn' know Buffet was running?
    You didn't answer the question, either. Because it obviously highlights a major flaw in your logic. See, John Corzine.

  6. #1516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You didn't answer the question, either. Because it obviously highlights a major flaw in your logic. See, John Corzine.
    John Corzine was a Democrat Advisor for Obama too, wasn't he

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quag9...ature=youtu.be

  7. #1517
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    John Corzine was a Democrat Advisor for Obama too, wasn't he

    Obama-Corzine Were Wrong - YouTube
    That's right, and he made an arseload of money as head of Goldman Sachs. But it seems that being really good at making money didn't translate so well into being a good politician -- as is so often the case.

  8. #1518
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's right, and he made an arseload of money as head of Goldman Sachs. But it seems that being really good at making money didn't translate so well into being a good politician -- as is so often the case.
    And we have a President with the following results but from what i understand his golf score has improved.


    Jan-09 Dec-11
    Unemployment 12049 13097
    Discouraged 734 945
    Private Sector Emp 133563 131900
    Labor Force 154236 153887
    Total Employment 142187 140790

    Obama today has a net job loss
    Obama today has a declining labor force
    Obama today has fewer people employed than when he took office
    Obama today has almost a million discouraged workers which he has averaged over the past three years
    Obama today has a U-6 unemployment of 15.2% or 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans
    Obama today has added 4.6 trillion dollars to the debt in 3 years
    Obama today spent over 842 billion in a stimulus plan that failed
    Obama today has a higher misery index than when he took office
    Obama today has participated in crony capitalism and wasted billions of taxpayer dollars trying to pick winners in the private sector
    Obama today has promoted class warfare and demonized individual wealth creation
    Obama today has seen record numbers in poverty and record numbers of people on food stamps
    Obama today still claims he brought this country back from the brink of financial collapse when TARP did

  9. #1519
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And we have a President
    Why are you changing the subject? Don't you want to support your argument that making money in business is a great qualification for a politician? You could use Republican governor Rick Scott as an example. He's worth over $100 million. Oops. Looks like he consistently has one of the lowest approval ratings of any governor in the country. Meg Whitman? Karl Paladino?
    Last edited by AdamT; 02-01-12 at 06:59 PM.

  10. #1520
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Why are you changing the subject? Don't you want to support your argument that making money in business is a great qualification for a politician? You could use Republican governor Rick Scott as an example. He's worth over $100 million. Oops. Looks like he consistently has one of the lowest approval ratings of any governor in the country.
    How much is Obama worth? Not sure what your point is but I will be voting for whoever the Republicans nominate because they beat the alternative in the WH. None are perfect but all are better than what we have. Obama was unqualified for the office and the results show it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •