Page 141 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #1401
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you read the article? A reduction in troops and military equipment equated to a savings that benefited Clinton but as usual you want to divert from the Obama record. Don't blame you. Doesn't it phase you that if all those so called promises kept hasn't equated into a much better job approval rating? The reality is the results I posted affect the people a lot more and are why his approval ratings aren't that great.
    Do you realize the Budget actually went up? In fact it never goes down. This funds mansions outside DC in Virginia.

  2. #1402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    that isn't the point, the point is it has been posted here all those promises kept by Obama and yet his JAR is only 46% which just shows how accurate those promises kept are. The real issue remains net employment loss, net unemployment gain, declining labor force, high discouraged workers, 4.6 trillion added to the debt with another 1.1 trillion predicted for 2012, and a higher misery index. people don't feel he has kept his promises due to the actual results that are verifiable.
    But his results have produced the same job approval rating as the last three presidents at this same point in their presidency? Did they fail to keep their word?

  3. #1403
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But his results have produced the same job approval rating as the last three presidents at this same point in their presidency? Did they fail to keep their word?
    The issue is the claim that Obama has kept so many of his promises when the reality is he hasn't kept the promises that matter, economic results that benefit the American people.

  4. #1404
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The issue is the claim that Obama has kept so many of his promises when the reality is he hasn't kept the promises that matter, economic results that benefit the American people.
    Thats OK,he has for four plus years to correct that.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #1405
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
    Thats OK,he has for four plus years to correct that.
    And this is why he should be fired

    Jan-09 Dec-11
    Unemployment 12049 13097
    Discouraged 734 945
    Private Sector Emp 133563 131900
    Labor Force 154236 153887
    Total Employment 142187 140790

    Obama today has a net job loss
    Obama today has a declining labor force
    Obama today has fewer people employed than when he took office
    Obama today has almost a million discouraged workers which he has averaged over the past three years
    Obama today has a U-6 unemployment of 15.2% or 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans
    Obama today has added 4.6 trillion dollars to the debt in 3 years
    Obama today spent over 842 billion in a stimulus plan that failed
    Obama today has a higher misery index than when he took office
    Obama today has participated in crony capitalism and wasted billions of taxpayer dollars trying to pick winners in the private sector
    Obama today has promoted class warfare and demonized individual wealth creation
    Obama today has seen record numbers in poverty and record numbers of people on food stamps
    Obama today still claims he brought this country back from the brink of financial collapse when TARP did

  6. #1406
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    His JAR is right in line with the last three presidents at this point in their respective presidencies according to Gallup. Two of whom you voted for.

    Obama: 46%
    Bush: 49%
    Clinton: 46%
    GHWBush: 46%

    I feel like the Sesame Street song, 'One of these things is not like the other' should be playing here....Tell us, which President that you listed here was re elected with Unemployment over 8%, and Gas costing over $3 per gallon?


    any of them? Eh? Buler? Buler?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And this is why he should be fired

    Jan-09 Dec-11
    Unemployment 12049 13097
    Discouraged 734 945
    Private Sector Emp 133563 131900
    Labor Force 154236 153887
    Total Employment 142187 140790

    Obama today has a net job loss
    Obama today has a declining labor force
    Obama today has fewer people employed than when he took office
    Obama today has almost a million discouraged workers which he has averaged over the past three years
    Obama today has a U-6 unemployment of 15.2% or 24 million unemployed/under employed Americans
    Obama today has added 4.6 trillion dollars to the debt in 3 years
    Obama today spent over 842 billion in a stimulus plan that failed
    Obama today has a higher misery index than when he took office
    Obama today has participated in crony capitalism and wasted billions of taxpayer dollars trying to pick winners in the private sector
    Obama today has promoted class warfare and demonized individual wealth creation
    Obama today has seen record numbers in poverty and record numbers of people on food stamps
    Obama today still claims he brought this country back from the brink of financial collapse when TARP did
    And still, by a factor of roughly 2 to 1, people blame Bush over Obama for those numbers.

    Btw, Romney just won Florida and there's a good chance he's going to be the GOP nominee.


  8. #1408
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And still, by a factor of roughly 2 to 1, people blame Bush over Obama for those numbers.

    Btw, Romney just won Florida and there's a good chance he's going to be the GOP nominee.

    Romney has my support but if he doesn't get the nomination whoever the GOP nominates is better than the one in the WH right now. There is nothing economically that Obama is doing that I support and the results which most Obama supporters want to ignore and will try to divert from.

  9. #1409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I feel like the Sesame Street song, 'One of these things is not like the other' should be playing here....Tell us, which President that you listed here was re elected with Unemployment over 8%, and Gas costing over $3 per gallon?


    any of them? Eh? Buler? Buler?


    j-mac
    How about if I just tell you the one who's running with those statistics who leads everyone running against him in the polls?

  10. #1410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Romney has my support but if he doesn't get the nomination whoever the GOP nominates is better than the one in the WH right now. There is nothing economically that Obama is doing that I support and the results which most Obama supporters want to ignore and will try to divert from.
    No doubt you believe Conservatism is better than Liberalism, so why do you suppose it is that the left can not only nominate the most Liberal Senator in the Congress, but can get him elected president; while the right can only nominate the most Liberal of all the contenders running (for the second presidential election in a row).

    What's wrong with Conservatism that the right can't get a Conservative candidate nominated to run for president?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •