Page 140 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #1391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He added 1.4 trillion dollars to the debt and it went up every year. That is a fact that liberals want to ignore.
    Which was less than Reagan and Bush Sr. before him, and only that much because the deficit was so high when he became president. Meanwhile, it decreased every year on his watch and that was a trend which began before Republican came in and tried to take the credit.

  2. #1392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

    It looks to me he's wrong, but that's not a surprise, is it?
    Well I don't know about you, but I'm very close to being shocked.

  3. #1393
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Which was less than Reagan and Bush Sr. before him, and only that much because the deficit was so high when he became president. Meanwhile, it decreased every year on his watch and that was a trend which began before Republican came in and tried to take the credit.
    Thanks to the peace dividend and a GOP Congress which you have a tendency to forget. Clinton cut back the military because of the demise of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War. you seem to have a very selective memory as usual

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...n-with-a-bush/

    Romney made his claim in April 2007, saying that, "Following the end of the Cold War, President Clinton began to dismantle our military. He reduced our forces by 500,000. He retired almost 80 ships. Our spending on national defense dropped from over 6 percent of GDP to 3.8 percent today."

    The two Republicans are correct that military forces were reduced significantly under Clinton. The active-duty military totaled 1.8-million at the start of his presidency in 1993 and declined to 1.4-million in 2000. They are also correct that the naval fleet shrank dramatically. The Navy had 454 ships in 1993, but as vessels were retired and not replaced, the fleet was down to 341 by 2000.
    Last edited by Conservative; 01-31-12 at 07:55 PM.

  4. #1394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thanks to the peace dividend and a GOP Congress which you have a tendency to forget. Clinton cut back the military because of the demise of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War. you seem to have a very selective memory as usual

    PolitiFact | The peace dividend began with a Bush
    Sorry, but a political candidate running for office who's ratcheting up the hyperbole of the president he sought to replace does not alter the fact that the last war prior to 1988 was the Vietnam war. Reagan provided no peace dividend, Nixon did.

  5. #1395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Sorry, but a political candidate running for office who's ratcheting up the hyperbole of the president he sought to replace does not alter the fact that the last war prior to 1988 was the Vietnam war. Reagan provided no peace dividend, Nixon did.
    The Cold War cost this country billions and was won, but you were too young to know it.

  6. #1396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    The Cold War cost this country billions and was won, but you were too young to know it.
    That was a war? How many casualties did we suffer?

  7. #1397
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That was a war? How many casualties did we suffer?
    Did you read the article? A reduction in troops and military equipment equated to a savings that benefited Clinton but as usual you want to divert from the Obama record. Don't blame you. Doesn't it phase you that if all those so called promises kept hasn't equated into a much better job approval rating? The reality is the results I posted affect the people a lot more and are why his approval ratings aren't that great.

  8. #1398
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That was a war? How many casualties did we suffer?
    The Cold War was an excuse to spend tons of money. The Cold war ended because their failed economic system.

  9. #1399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you read the article? A reduction in troops and military equipment equated to a savings that benefited Clinton but as usual you want to divert from the Obama record. Don't blame you. Doesn't it phase you that if all those so called promises kept hasn't equated into a much better job approval rating? The reality is the results I posted affect the people a lot more and are why his approval ratings aren't that great.
    His JAR is right in line with the last three presidents at this point in their respective presidencies according to Gallup. Two of whom you voted for.

    Obama: 46%
    Bush: 49%
    Clinton: 46%
    GHWBush: 46%

  10. #1400
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    His JAR is right in line with the last three presidents at this point in their respective presidencies according to Gallup. Two of whom you voted for.

    Obama: 46%
    Bush: 49%
    Clinton: 46%
    GHWBush: 46%
    that isn't the point, the point is it has been posted here all those promises kept by Obama and yet his JAR is only 46% which just shows how accurate those promises kept are. The real issue remains net employment loss, net unemployment gain, declining labor force, high discouraged workers, 4.6 trillion added to the debt with another 1.1 trillion predicted for 2012, and a higher misery index. people don't feel he has kept his promises due to the actual results that are verifiable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •