Page 102 of 159 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1582

Thread: State of the Union Address

  1. #1011
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Sometimes searching for the answer yourself will lead to more enlightenment than having a wise man spoon feed you the answer. You are familiar with the socratic method I assume?
    Yeah, but I've never heard the equivalent of "Google it" used in a socratic dialogue.

  2. #1012
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you labour under the delusion that the current level of spending is necessary and proper
    And some labour in illusions of grandeur.

  3. #1013
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And some labour in illusions of grandeur.
    and some wallow in self pity and demand others be taxed more to alleviate their feelings of butt hurt envy

    but the fact is, this country's federal government spends way too much and taxes those who do not drive this spending far too much so as to pander to the masses who desire this spending

    the first place to start is to roll back that spending

  4. #1014
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and some wallow in self pity and demand others be taxed more to alleviate their feelings of butt hurt envy

    but the fact is, this country's federal government spends way too much and taxes those who do not drive this spending far too much so as to pander to the masses who desire this spending

    the first place to start is to roll back that spending
    Yep, you really can't stand repeating yourself, can you.

  5. #1015
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yep, you really can't stand repeating yourself, can you.
    why are you trying to divert this thread?

  6. #1016
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why are you trying to divert this thread?
    I'm trying to get you to answer a question that's central to the thread, Socrates.

  7. #1017
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and some wallow in self pity and demand others be taxed more to alleviate their feelings of butt hurt envy

    but the fact is, this country's federal government spends way too much and taxes those who do not drive this spending far too much so as to pander to the masses who desire this spending

    the first place to start is to roll back that spending
    Fine by me, let private enterprise pay for roads theme selves if they need employees to get to work. Let Private enterprise pay for health care if they need healthy workers. Let Private enterprise pay for sewage if they don't want cholera out breaks!

    Oh the drama

  8. #1018
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Fine by me, let private enterprise pay for roads theme selves if they need employees to get to work. Let Private enterprise pay for health care if they need healthy workers. Let Private enterprise pay for sewage if they don't want cholera out breaks!

    Oh the drama
    and pay for your own medical costs rather than demanding others pay for it?

  9. #1019
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I know the middle class do pay a lot via regressive taxes. Why put more on them?
    In order to cut taxes for the rich even further, have you not seen the tax proposals by the GOP candidates? Romney (who already pays a lower rate in federal taxes than someone making $50,000) proposes huge additional tax cuts for the rich!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1020
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: State of the Union Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    In order to cut taxes for the rich even further, have you not seen the tax proposals by the GOP candidates? Romney (who already pays a lower rate in federal taxes than someone making $50,000) proposes huge additional tax cuts for the rich!
    if you want all that spending to remain maybe its time like people like you to quit demanding the rich subsidize all of that for you: rather you ought to step to the plate and pony up some money

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •