Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 94

Thread: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event; why he shouldn

    Man talk about a slap in the face to the President. I mean don't get me wrong, Thomas has to right to express his opinion and all but his hate for the President is that high that he wouldn't support his team on a very traditional event. They mention in the article that some Nascar drivers refuse to meet the president (which doesn't surprise me considering most drivers are deep rooted southerners).

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event; why he shouldn

    Man talk about a slap in the face to the President. I mean don't get me wrong, Thomas has to right to express his opinion and all but his hate for the President is that high that he wouldn't support his team on a very traditional event. They mention in the article that some Nascar drivers refuse to meet the president (which doesn't surprise me considering most drivers are deep rooted southerners).
    Some people just don't get how elections work. If you respect our country and our constitution, then you must respect and abide by the outcome of an election, especially our most important one. You can disagree with policy, but disrespect the office and why do you call yourself American?

    NASCAR's not a real sport anyway.

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    I think he's a partisan idiot for letting his political ideology prevent him from attending a non-political event, but also that he has a right to his opinion and that if he really does feel that strongly about it, meh, whatever, don't go.

    /shrug
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Yeah. The article says that he is a Glen Beck follower.....

    Figures

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Some people just don't get how elections work. If you respect our country and our constitution, then you must respect and abide by the outcome of an election, especially our most important one. You can disagree with policy, but disrespect the office and why do you call yourself American?

    NASCAR's not a real sport anyway.
    Um, wrong.

    But anyway, this is such a non issue, I was a fan of Thomas yesterday, and I'm a fan of him today. He is a great goalie, the best in the league right now, and that's all that matters. I wonder how many people hating on Thomas have actually watched him play on a regular basis.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Um, wrong.

    But anyway, this is such a non issue, I was a fan of Thomas yesterday, and I'm a fan of him today. He is a great goalie, the best in the league right now, and that's all that matters. I wonder how many people hating on Thomas have actually watched him play on a regular basis.
    No one is questioning how great of a player he is. It is his unwillingness to go meet the President at a non political event that is remarkable. Hate the man's policies but don't be disrespectful to the office. Can you imagine if Kobe refuse to meet with Bush after they won the title?

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    No one is questioning how great of a player he is. It is his unwillingness to go meet the President at a non political event that is remarkable. Hate the man's policies but don't be disrespectful to the office. Can you imagine if Kobe refuse to meet with Bush after they won the title?
    It's a non-issue. He's a great player, and that is all that matters.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    This athlete is not even a pimple on the ass of the body politic.

    There is not any real slap in the face to the president. Its a bad joke on the jerk without any common manners or decency.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    How many people have actually watched him play? On TV? Live?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #10
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event; why he shouldn

    Man talk about a slap in the face to the President. I mean don't get me wrong, Thomas has to right to express his opinion and all but his hate for the President is that high that he wouldn't support his team on a very traditional event. They mention in the article that some Nascar drivers refuse to meet the president (which doesn't surprise me considering most drivers are deep rooted southerners).
    This has nothing to do with "supporting his team." He holds deep ideological and political differences with the President. He has the right to not participate in the event. It has jack to do with bailing out on his team.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •