Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

  1. #81
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    It reflects on the people that choose not to show up more than anything.
    It reflects to me he's not some lap dog that'll show up when ever he's whistled at.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,663
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Moderator's Warning:
    Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House eventThe childish name calling and crap ends now. Rev, TNE, you both know where this type crap belongs, and it isn't up here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I'm sure you can link to you calling these athletes "idiots" as well, somewhere in the DP archive. I'll wait.
    You seen to have a short-term memory loss. It was your comment of:

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Several athletes refused to meet with Bush.
    That I responded with:

    And they were partisan idiots to.
    in this very thread just yesterday

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...e-event-6.html

    Reading is fundamental Rev

  4. #84
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You seen to have a short-term memory loss. It was your comment of:



    That I responded with:



    in this very thread just yesterday

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...e-event-6.html

    Reading is fundamental Rev

    A day late and a dollar short, please link in the archives your comments then. Thanks.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    A day late and a dollar short, please link in the archives your comments then. Thanks.
    Nope I made the comments BEFORE you asked for them. Not short at all, except for your memory.

  6. #86
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Nope I made the comments BEFORE you asked for them. Not short at all, except for your memory.

    I saw what you posted, Like I said, back then, you know, when it happened, you were silent. It's ok, I was silent too, cause I really don't judge atheletes by thier politics any more than I judge politicians by thier athleticism, I find that rather pointless.


    his statement:

    ""I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

    I find that anything but idiotic. He's absolutley right, this government by both parties is in direct opposition to the USC and the FF's vision for this great land.


    He also graduated from the University of Vermont before embarking on his professional hockey career, If you ever watch him in interviews. "idiot" would be the furthest thing from a rational persons mind.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I saw what you posted, Like I said, back then, you know, when it happened, you were silent.

    Because I don't look at EVERY thread and post in EVERY thread, your point is irrelevant. Not posting on a thread does not mean condoning by that action.

    I commented that people that turn down a request to go to the whitehouse simply because of the sitting president are partisan idiots. I've proven my point that I mean all of them regardless of the president, you haven't proven yours. You were wrong. I accept your concession though that you cannot prove I thought otherwise.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 01-26-12 at 11:22 AM.

  8. #88
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because I don't look at EVERY thread and post in EVERY thread, your point is irrelevant. Not posting on a thread does not mean condoning by that action.

    I commented that people that turn down a request to go to the whitehouse simply because of the sitting president are partisan idiots. I've proven my point that I mean all of them regardless of the president, you haven't proven yours. You were wrong. I accept your concession though that you cannot prove I thought otherwise.

    I concede nothig, but thank you for ignoring the bulk of my post.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I concede nothig, but thank you for ignoring the bulk of my post.
    Yes, you did concede. You accused me of not thinking the same for all people regardless of the sitting president. I showed a quote that proved otherwise. You, however, have shown nothing of the sort. Your concession is noted as well as your support for a partisan idiot like Thomas.

  10. #90
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, you did concede. You accused me of not thinking the same for all people regardless of the sitting president. I showed a quote that proved otherwise. You, however, have shown nothing of the sort. Your concession is noted as well as your support for a partisan idiot like Thomas.


    that is a lie. Why do I waste my time. :

    Later bro.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •