Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

  1. #51
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    If you look at my very first post in this thread you'll see that I referred to it as ELECTORAL FRAUD...so what is your point?
    I didn't say you referred to it as anything. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #52
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    You guys are cracking me up. I made the following comment in response to someone else's comment that dead people voting doesn't effect elections and then you fellows proceeded to argue against anything and everything except for my ACTUAL POINT.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    "Not common enough to actually effect an election." Really? That makes me wonder why in 2006 the election for the state senator from my district was voided because dead people were casting votes. The "winning" candidate "won" by 13 votes. Perhaps your statement isn't entirely accurate?

    Electoral fraud is real, it happens, and has the potential to affect the outcome of elections. Honest people everywhere should demand that elections are kept on the up and up instead of making weak excuses.
    I never once referred to it as "voter fraud", I don't give a **** about voter IDs, and I sure as hell don't want to disenfranchise any voters but you boys have fun with your circle jerk arguing against things that I never said.

  3. #53
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    You guys are cracking me up. I made the following comment in response to someone else's comment that dead people voting doesn't effect elections and then you fellows proceeded to argue against anything and everything except for my ACTUAL POINT.



    I never once referred to it as "voter fraud", I don't give a **** about voter IDs, and I sure as hell don't want to disenfranchise any voters but you boys have fun with your circle jerk arguing against things that I never said.
    The theme of the thread, however, suggests that others think these "dead voters" could be prevented by voter ID laws, but the article you provide props up our point that the cases of fraud found almost NEVER refer to illegitimate voters, but instead fraudulent poll workers or voter error.

    And I'll bet you $10,000 of Romney's money that (if ever actually investigated), that's what they'll find in South Carolina - but when it's not voters who did it, you'll never hear about it again, because it doesn't shore up the arguments of those who want to have voter ID laws.

    So, I don't know if anyone is in your circle jerk, but you interjected your story into our argument, so thanks for helping us prove our point, even though you didn't intend to.

  4. #54
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    The theme of the thread, however, suggests that others think these "dead voters" could be prevented by voter ID laws, but the article you provide props up our point that the cases of fraud found almost NEVER refer to illegitimate voters, but instead fraudulent poll workers or voter error.
    What article did I provide? I don't believe I introduced any articles. I merely gave an example where dead people voting effected an election which directly contradicted the statement to which I was responding.

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And I'll bet you $10,000 of Romney's money that (if ever actually investigated), that's what they'll find in South Carolina - but when it's not voters who did it, you'll never hear about it again, because it doesn't shore up the arguments of those who want to have voter ID laws.
    Thanks for the prediction. It isn't relevant to any of the comments that I made but thanks anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    So, I don't know if anyone is in your circle jerk, but you interjected your story into our argument, so thanks for helping us prove our point, even though you didn't intend to.
    I took issue with a single, solitary erroneous comment that was made by another poster. You fellows then took it upon yourself to introduce several strawmen when replying to my comment. One intellectually dishonest poster even went so far as to imply that I want to "disenfranchise poor voters".

    As far as "interjecting [my] story into [your] argument," I responded to a comment made by Paschendale and then everyone BUT Paschendale decided to respond to me by arguing against points that I never made and had no intention of making...so who exactly was interjecting?

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    What article did I provide? I don't believe I introduced any articles. I merely gave an example where dead people voting effected an election which directly contradicted the statement to which I was responding.


    Thanks for the prediction. It isn't relevant to any of the comments that I made but thanks anyway.


    I took issue with a single, solitary erroneous comment that was made by another poster. You fellows then took it upon yourself to introduce several strawmen when replying to my comment. One intellectually dishonest poster even went so far as to imply that I want to "disenfranchise poor voters".

    As far as "interjecting [my] story into [your] argument," I responded to a comment made by Paschendale and then everyone BUT Paschendale decided to respond to me by arguing against points that I never made and had no intention of making...so who exactly was interjecting?
    Perhaps we've just crossed channels then. If so, sorry.

  6. #56
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Perhaps we've just crossed channels then. If so, sorry.
    No worries.

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Uh, the article said there were fraudulent voters in the Republican Primary. Thus, if this is about cheating, it would be about Republicans cheating...

    So, I got my "facts" from the article you posted, since it was about a Republican Primary.

    Nope...SC is an open primary state...That means that demo's can come on in and do what they do.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •