Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

  1. #31
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And honest people should be outraged when average Americans registrations are cancelled and they are disallowed from voting either due to error or to over-aggressive attorneys general with agendas.
    I agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    This is far more common than dead people voting, WHICH, as I've said three times, but you all ignore, is frequently found to be poll worker error and nothing more.
    Can a person only be outraged over one or the other? Is it an either/or proposition? If not, then what is your point? As for you saying something three times: Who cares? Someone made an erroneous statement that fraud due to dead people voting was "not common enough to actually effect an election" yet I have an example, from my very district, of dead people voting that DID affect an election and led to 30+ indictments. The fact that you dismiss a very real problem out of hand as "poll worker error and nothing more" is just another weak excuse, like I mentioned earlier.

  2. #32
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry
    Someone made an erroneous statement that fraud due to dead people voting was "not common enough to actually effect an election" yet I have an example, from my very district, of dead people voting that DID affect an election and led to 30+ indictments.
    You've given anecdotal evidence, with no 'facts' to back up your example.

    I won't even ask you for links to the evidence, but if you'll provide the who, what, where and when, I'll do the research myself.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #33
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    You've given anecdotal evidence,
    Yes, I gave one example, which is all that is needed to destroy an absolute statement like the one to which I originally responded.

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    with no 'facts' to back up your example.

    I won't even ask you for links to the evidence, but if you'll provide the who, what, where and when, I'll do the research myself.
    Ophelia Ford, Memphis, TN District 29. The TN Senate voided the election after an investigation found that dead people were casting votes in an election that was decided by a mere 13 votes. Indictments and convictions followed. Now, do your bit of research and tell me that I'm wrong.
    Last edited by tomfoo13ry; 01-26-12 at 08:24 AM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    Ophelia Ford, Memphis, TN District 29. The TN Senate voided the election after an investigation found that dead people were casting votes in an election that was decided by a mere 13 votes. Indictments and convictions followed. Now, do your bit of research and tell me that I'm wrong.
    Yes, that's a real case. The fraud was committed by poll workers. A photo ID law would not have prevented it, but it would have prevented a significant number of legitimate voters from casting their ballots.

  5. #35
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, that's a real case. The fraud was committed by poll workers. A photo ID law would not have prevented it, but it would have prevented a significant number of legitimate voters from casting their ballots.
    I wonder how these people who would be prevented from casting their ballots are getting to the polls....? Oh, wait. They're driving.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #36
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I wonder how these people who would be prevented from casting their ballots are getting to the polls....? Oh, wait. They're driving.
    Are you just being sarcastic, or do you actually believe that making it more difficult to vote doesn't reduce voter participation?

  7. #37
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Are you just being sarcastic, or do you actually believe that making it more difficult to vote doesn't reduce voter participation?
    I'm not being sarcastic. I don't care if it reduces voter participation. I person should have to identify themselves satisfactorily in order to vote. Period.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Bull****!!!!!!!!!!! I've been told by Democrats that this never happens.
    And I'm sure you'll run away from backing up your moronic claim instead of showing us which Dems have said this NEVER happens.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm not being sarcastic. I don't care if it reduces voter participation. I person should have to identify themselves satisfactorily in order to vote. Period.
    If the voters cards are issued free and there are programs that would help elderly people obtain one who might not have their Birth certificates, then sure I'm for it.

  10. #40
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16

    Re: South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, that's a real case. The fraud was committed by poll workers. A photo ID law would not have prevented it, but it would have prevented a significant number of legitimate voters from casting their ballots.
    Okay. I never once mentioned anything about photo IDs...but okay.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •