(Reuters) - More than 100 people were killed in bomb attacks and gunfights in Nigeria's second largest city Kano late Friday, a senior local government security source told Reuters, in the deadliest coordinated strike claimed by Islamist sect Boko Haram to date.
"Definitely more than 100 have been killed," the source, who could not be named, said. "There were bombs and then gunmen were attacking police and police came back with attacks." Hospital staff said there were still bodies arriving at morgues in Kano.
Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the attack on Saturday. The sect has killed hundreds in the north of Africa's most populous nation in the last year.

Enemies of humanity.

If authorities can't make any inroads against these guys, it is inevitable ordinary Nigerians are going to organise and partake in revenge attacks. Very dangerous path toward a religious war. I hope the media doesn't forget who started it.