Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 334

Thread: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

  1. #171
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Giving up so easily? No, unless you are going to argue that David Bonior was a republican.
    A majority of Republicans voted to reprimand.

    3 of 4 Republicans on the Ethics Committee voted to reprimand.

    Feel free to continue your bull****, but you can't change those facts.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  2. #172
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, so was Charlie Rangel (D).....recently...Did you think he should have been censured?
    No, I simply mistakenly said censure instead of reprimand. I wasn't saying anyone should have been censured.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So don't go blaming it on Democrats when the majority of Republicans voted to censure him AND he admitted his violations.
    So tell us the "violations" that he admitted to ?

    David Bonior filed 75 ethics charges against Newt. 74 were shown to have no merit and were tossed. The remaining one was made into two. Read and learn:

    The first 'charge' from the ethics committee is that he "may have" violated tax law by using tax-deductible contributions from nonprofit organizations to teach an allegedly partisan college course.

    The second 'charge' from the committee is that, in the course of the investigation, Newt provided false information to the committee. And what was this "false information?" Newt testified that the above contributions were in fact made by those organizations to "Renewing American Civilization." He filed papers that stated the very same thing. This is never a fact that anyone was trying to hide. But one paper filed with the committee stated that those groups did not make the contributions. For this, there was an uproar about Newt's ethics, and he was fined.

    Basically, Newt was fined $300,000 because he didn't read his lawyers' documents carefully. I could really get into the hypocrisy of this in light of the fact that people want to excuse Bill Clinton for lying under oath, (maybe if the course Newt had taught was about SEX the Democrats would feel differently) but that's not the point of this article.

    Newt Gingrich Cleared - Now How About a Refund?
    Well, after a 3.5 year probe, after Newt paid the $300,000 fine, the IRS announced on February 3, 1999, that it found NO IMPROPRIETIES IN THE TAX FILINGS of Gingrich and the sponsoring Progress and Freedom Foundation. The IRS said the principles taught in the course were not of use only in political campaigns. "The ... course taught principles from American civilization that could be used by each American in everyday life whether the person is a welfare recipient, the head of a large corporation, or a politician."

    I blamed Republicans and Democrats, btw.

  4. #174
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I blamed Republicans and Democrats, btw.
    It was j-mac who tried to blame the Dems, which is what I was responding to.

    If you aren't playing that game, great.

    Basically, Newt was fined $300,000 because he didn't read his lawyers' documents carefully. I could really get into the hypocrisy of this in light of the fact that people want to excuse Bill Clinton for lying under oath, (maybe if the course Newt had taught was about SEX the Democrats would feel differently) but that's not the point of this article.
    Clinton was found not guilty. Cleared, in other words.

    So do we want to continue this game, or just leave the facts to speak for themselves?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  5. #175
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    A majority of Republicans voted to reprimand.

    3 of 4 Republicans on the Ethics Committee voted to reprimand.

    Feel free to continue your bull****, but you can't change those facts.
    Yep, and on its face it looks pretty bad, unless you actually look back at the times, and dig into the motivations of those voting for this. Now, they have been laid out in this thread, but as usual libs like yourself ignore that important factor in light of making an argument based on just a fragment of the truth. It is utterly dishonest.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It was j-mac who tried to blame the Dems, which is what I was responding to.

    If you aren't playing that game, great.

    Clinton was found not guilty. Cleared, in other words.

    So do we want to continue this game, or just leave the facts to speak for themselves?
    No, Clinton was not cleared. He was fined and disbarred in the real judicial system. That his fellow Democrat politicians embraced him in the Senate is not a sign of right or wrong. Which is where you Dems confuse things. Gingrich lost in the political arena, but won in the Courts. Clinton the opposite.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce
    So what ?
    So don't go blaming it on Democrats when the majority of Republicans voted to censure him AND he admitted his violations.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It was j-mac who tried to blame the Dems, which is what I was responding to.

    If you aren't playing that game, great.

    ...........So do we want to continue this game, or just leave the facts to speak for themselves?
    See the top ? You quoted, and responded, to me. Inaccurately it would seem. If you keep your **** straight, then you won't have to commit an "ethics violation" like Gingrich did .... LOL

  8. #178
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, and on its face it looks pretty bad, unless you actually look back at the times, and dig into the motivations of those voting for this. Now, they have been laid out in this thread, but as usual libs like yourself ignore that important factor in light of making an argument based on just a fragment of the truth. It is utterly dishonest.
    Did a majority of Republicans vote Yes?

    If so, what the hell is your point?

    My point is that you can't blame the reprimand on Democrats or claim that it was just a political plot. To say otherwise would be "utterly dishonest."
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #179
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No, Clinton was not cleared. He was fined and disbarred in the real judicial system.
    Then Gingrich wasn't "cleared." The reprimand was never withdrawn by the House and the fine was not paid back.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  10. #180
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Exclusive: Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    See the top ? You quoted, and responded, to me. Inaccurately it would seem. If you keep your **** straight, then you won't have to commit an "ethics violation" like Gingrich did .... LOL
    Ooh, you got me. I owe you $300,000.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •