Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #711
    Educator Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    I save all my research. Would you like anything else?
    What research?

    There is a Keystone pipeline from those North Dakota oil fields down to Cushing, Oklahoma. The direct path of the Keystone XL pipeline doesn't go near North Dakota. I've posted the map of the existing Keystone pipeline plenty of times.

    I've also posted export data for gasoline showing we are exporting an amount of gasoline equal to the capacity of the existing Keystone pipeline and that these new exports started as the existing Keystone pipeline started to be used.

    There is no evidence the Keystone XL pipeline will be used to bring down the price of petroleum products in America and not just be exported to take over Venezuela and Libyan markets in the Caribbean.

    The question becomes, why didn't they just follow the existing Keystone pipeline? It's a longer route, yes, but there's a lot of crude in North Dakota and across the Canadian border in that region. They already have right of way.

  2. #712
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    What research?
    I posted it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    There is a Keystone pipeline from those North Dakota oil fields down to Cushing, Oklahoma. The direct path of the Keystone XL pipeline doesn't go near North Dakota. I've posted the map of the existing Keystone pipeline plenty of times.
    I haven't seen any map.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I've also posted export data for gasoline showing we are exporting an amount of gasoline equal to the capacity of the existing Keystone pipeline and that these new exports started as the existing Keystone pipeline started to be used.
    There you go again. Where is the link to a reliable news source?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    There is no evidence the Keystone XL pipeline will be used to bring down the price of petroleum products in America and not just be exported to take over Venezuela and Libyan markets in the Caribbean.
    There you go again. Where is the link to a reliable news source?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The question becomes, why didn't they just follow the existing Keystone pipeline? It's a longer route, yes, but there's a lot of crude in North Dakota and across the Canadian border in that region. They already have right of way.
    Because they want to use a much safer method of transport than by by Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway investment in BNSF Railroad.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  3. #713
    Educator Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    I posted it.



    I haven't seen any map.



    There you go again. Where is the link to a reliable news source?



    There you go again. Where is the link to a reliable news source?



    Because they want to use a much safer method of transport than by by Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway investment in BNSF Railroad.
    Check wiki and find out when the Keystone Pipeline started operation! The purple on the map is the Keystone pipeline.


  4. #714
    Educator Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    I save all my research. Would you like anything else?
    Then save this:

    BNSF Railway

    427 tank cars
    Source: BNSF Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And, I'm sure they have had those 427 tank cars for years, waiting to use them to transport that crap to a refinery.

  5. #715
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Check wiki and find out when the Keystone Pipeline started operation! The purple on the map is the Keystone pipeline.
    Your chart while cute is from a no name blog and therefore not credible, next time try a real news source.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  6. #716
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Then save this: Source: BNSF Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And, I'm sure they have had those 427 tank cars for years, waiting to use them to transport that crap to a refinery.
    Are you saying Warren Buffet can't buy more?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  7. #717
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Here's a photo of bitumen.. Its not liquid enough to flow.

    Ohhh, so you contend that tar sand oil, the photo you posted is BEFORE it is processed, is too viscous to transport by rail, yet is fine for shipment by rail.

    If it must be diluted to flow through pipelines, why can't it be diluted to load into tankers ???

    What's funny is that all the environmental groups that oppose the pipeline, are pushing for shipment of the oil by rail. Shipment by rail is much more dangerous than by pipeline.

    Here's a more accurate photo of tar sands from Canada before processing. It is NOT a rock. It is sand that contains oil. Your photo is of oil shale, NOT oil sand.

    Last edited by Gill; 02-07-12 at 09:13 AM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #718
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ohhh, so you contend that tar sand oil, the photo you posted is BEFORE it is processed, is too viscous to transport by rail, yet is fine for shipment by rail.

    If it must be diluted to flow through pipelines, why can't it be diluted to load into tankers ???

    What's funny is that all the environmental groups that oppose the pipeline, are pushing for shipment of the oil by rail. Shipment by rail is much more dangerous than by pipeline.

    Here's a more accurate photo of tar sands from Canada before processing. It is NOT a rock. It is sand that contains oil. Your photo is of oil shale, NOT oil sand.

    Don't jump to conclusions..

    It can be diluted to be put in railroad tankers, but why bother?

    I never said the word "rock".. I said it was the consistency of thick peanut butter.

  9. #719
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions..

    It can be diluted to be put in railroad tankers, but why bother?

    I never said the word "rock".. I said it was the consistency of thick peanut butter.
    Why bother ??? Are you serious. Maybe to ship it to refineries ??

    Didn't say you said it was a rock, but you dishonestly posted a picture of a different material that IS a rock.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #720
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Why bother ??? Are you serious. Maybe to ship it to refineries ??

    Didn't say you said it was a rock, but you dishonestly posted a picture of a different material that IS a rock.
    That isn't a rock .. its a lump of Bitumen..

    Do you think that if those lumps were shipped in traincars they would spill and flow.

    I am really sick of being "worked" on this issue... Lies about huge employment numbers, and MORE oil available domesticaly.. lower prices at the pump, Buffet's railcars.

    This isn't an issue that should be decided by politics..........

Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •