Page 59 of 83 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #581
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wait a minute, these are two different spills you are talking about, right?


    j-mac

    Well, with twelve to pick from...I didn't think to look closely enough to correlate the damn spill number, in fact I believe this has bolstered my point if anything.

  2. #582
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    For the record, I was asking tecoyah about the ND spill that occurred, which he was referencing, and in his reply to my question, he then shifted to quote something on the Yellowstone spill, a different spill, in a different state. Now other than to deceive, why would someone do that?

    Now, with a cursory google search, I found this in the first link:

    Keystone Pipeline restarts following oil spill in North Dakota


    May 16, 2011
    By Phaedra Friend Troy
    TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP) (TSX: TRP) has restarted its massive Keystone Pipeline system following an above-ground oil spill that occurred at a pump station in Sargent County, North Dakota on May 7.
    The Keystone pipeline was shut-in within minutes of the release when a drop in pressure within the line was detected.
    The oil release happened at the Ludden Pump Station, where 30 personnel have been on-location to contain the escaped oil. Three hundred of the 500 spilled barrels of oil have been recovered, and three hundred cubic yards of contaminated soil will be removed and replaced with clean soil and gravel.

    The oil spill was caused by a damaged three-quarter-inch fitting, and TransCanada has re-inspected all similar fittings at all of its pump stations in the United States and Canada, installing stronger fittings where appropriate.
    Local and federal regulatory agencies were notified of the incident.
    "TransCanada has taken this incident very seriously," said Russ Girling, TransCanada's president and CEO. "We have fully communicated details regarding the incident and our corrective actions to our U.S. regulator PHMSA in ensuring the steps we have taken will enable us to safely re-start the pipeline."

    Keystone Pipeline restarts following oil spill in North Dakota
    Now, I can only speculate that he found the same information, and the supposed disastrous spill he was trying to pin on TransCanada was 300 cubic yards of displacement. Anyone that has been in anything aggregate knows that equals about three tri axle dump trucks, a bucket loader, and reclamation crew about one day to clean up. Maybe that is why he tried to pull this fast one.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #583
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Well, with twelve to pick from...I didn't think to look closely enough to correlate the damn spill number, in fact I believe this has bolstered my point if anything.
    Hmmm...Weren't you just mocking those of us that oppose your argument, as people that didn't know how to research anything? You think this aids your argument? Nah....It doesn't.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I understand, people don't like change.

    Fact is, even at very high rates the electricity for a car is almost nothing compared to the cost of gasoline.

    The model-T probably couldn't go very far on a tank of gas, either, and I bet gas stations were harder to find then than electrical outlets are now.

    As for re-charging, I think eventually we'll have standard battery packs just like we have standard size batteries. Pull into a station, swap the pack, and you're on the road again. We're only at the first generation, just starting on the second generation - lots of room for improvement this early in a technology.
    People can handle change all right. It's just the corruption and scandal within the government regarding these enterprises where many get concerned and legitimately angry.

    The government will often get into these programs, such as controlling population, saving trees, curbing global resources or funding new sources of energy, and use fear and shame to accomplish their ends. The ends are raiding the public purse.

    They will easily claim that their mission is to save humanity in any number of ways but, as usual, it's all about money and power.

    Let creative entrepreneurs risk their money, and there are many prepared to do that. But the politicians - and this really shouldn't need restating - are often dishonest. Yet despite this overwhelming evidence against them there are still those who give them credence. It is a mystery why this is so, but it was ever thus.
    Last edited by Grant; 01-31-12 at 07:31 PM.

  5. #585
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Well, with twelve to pick from...I didn't think to look closely enough to correlate the damn spill number, in fact I believe this has bolstered my point if anything.

    I suppose, granting deficient comprehension, someone could miss the basics...and even manage to adjust the blinders enough to pretend there is something less than obvious opinion in here, to those able to use logical thought...you have failed.

  6. #586
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm...Weren't you just mocking those of us that oppose your argument, as people that didn't know how to research anything? You think this aids your argument? Nah....It doesn't.


    j-mac

    Yes, in actuality I suppose I was (though not intentionally), Any mock came about BECAUSE I pointed out the lack of research, and thus infomed and educated debate. I do not pretend n my debate style...nor do I intend to fail in my arguments, That others decide to forgo study of a topic is of benefit to me.

  7. #587
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Yes, in actuality I suppose I was (though not intentionally), Any mock came about BECAUSE I pointed out the lack of research, and thus infomed and educated debate. I do not pretend n my debate style...nor do I intend to fail in my arguments, That others decide to forgo study of a topic is of benefit to me.

    Great, another that believes they are superior to the rest of humanity....I have little use for that nonsense. Tell you what, why don't you just talk like a regular person, instead of someone that sounds like they are constantly talking down, or condescending to speak to the regular people?

    That way maybe we can have a normal conversation.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #588
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill, replying to another View Post
    I thought you libs loved to quote FactCheck. Guess that's only when it proves some leftwing point. When it proves your lies, it is unreliable.
    ROFLMAO... your own source mostly debunks your own claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    [...] In the 1980s and 1990s, there was a surplus of refining capacity. Then, over the course of two decades, half of the plants shut down. In 2001, Oregon senator Ron Wyden presented to Congress a report arguing that these closings were calculated choices intended to increase oil company profits. Fewer refineries means less product in circulation, which means a lower supply-to-demand ratio and more profit. Wyden's report cites internal memos from the oil industry implying that this reduction was a deliberate attempt to curtail profit losses.

  9. #589
    Educator Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I was complimenting your plug for thorium-based fission. I'd prefer that approach, too.
    Sorry, I took it as sarcasm. In China not only are the mines that should know better polluting, but there is a black-market and people will dig small areas for rare earths releasing radioactive toxic wastes into the ground water. The example I gave in Malaysia is claimed to have had radioactive wastes put in fertilizer that killed the cows eating the grass.

    Malaysia Rare Earths in Largest Would-Be Refinery Incite Protest - Bloomberg

  10. #590
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Great, another that believes they are superior to the rest of humanity....I have little use for that nonsense. Tell you what, why don't you just talk like a regular person, instead of someone that sounds like they are constantly talking down, or condescending to speak to the regular people?

    That way maybe we can have a normal conversation.


    j-mac

    I am not "talking down" to anyone...that you feel I am says more about you than it does about me. I will note however, that you have avoided any actual debate on the information I have provided. In most circles, this constitutes winning. Deny it and we may continue.

Page 59 of 83 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •