Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #551
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I know you were talking about recycling, but I wanted to get a plug in there about Thorium, because it's a potential savior for the nuclear industry and it's presently an environmental hazard.
    Yes.. and they can't eat rare earths... they have to sell them

  2. #552
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    ... I wanted to get a plug in there about Thorium, because it's a potential savior for the nuclear industry and it's presently an environmental hazard.
    Go team!

  3. #553
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    There are already EVs that can go 300 miles on a charge, though there are obviously many city dwellers who can get by with far less.
    What do these extra special EVs cost ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #554
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    No my brothers are doing it with their own money.

    Yeah, the the Tsar of Russia left me his collection of Faberge eggs. ...................

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #555
    Educator Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Go team!
    It's all amusing, if you aren't living there and having birth defects and leukemia cases, where you didn't have them before. Rare Earth mines contain radioactive materials.

  6. #556
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    What do these extra special EVs cost ???
    For 300 mph range the cheapest at the moment is $70k, but it's a luxury car. The $50k version will go 160 miles. Or you could get a Volt or other plugin hybrid.

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, the the Tsar of Russia left me his collection of Faberge eggs. ...................
    Well you probably are familiar with their company and their products.. they are national... and international now. There are people in the US who are investing, inventing.. discovering new markets..

    Its a pity that so many think that the only way to accomplish anything is to get money from the government.

  8. #558
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It's all amusing, if you aren't living there and having birth defects and leukemia cases, where you didn't have them before. Rare Earth mines contain radioactive materials.
    I was complimenting your plug for thorium-based fission. I'd prefer that approach, too.

  9. #559
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Well you probably are familiar with their company and their products.. they are national... and international now. There are people in the US who are investing, inventing.. discovering new markets..

    Its a pity that so many think that the only way to accomplish anything is to get money from the government.
    Well, I definitely agree with the last part.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #560
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    For 300 mph range the cheapest at the moment is $70k, but it's a luxury car. The $50k version will go 160 miles. Or you could get a Volt or other plugin hybrid.

    Yep, a plug in every garage, eh ???

    Just what the world needs, a car that will only go 160 miles before having to be plugged in overnight. That will definitely help the airline industry since no one will be able to take a driving vacation any more.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •