Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't started the OK-TX pipeline already. Everyone knows it needs to be done - with companies lining up to use it now - so why they're dragging their feet I'll never know.
    The game is changing.

    "What's occurring is a rebalancing of the world oil supply," says Daniel Yergin, energy historian and author of The Quest: Energy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World. He says Brazil's newly produced offshore oil, which he calls "presalt" because it's beneath a thick layer of salt, will further tip the scales.

    The US is using less and producing more.. Saudi is selling more to China and Canadians are beginning to think they should be looking to China as a buyer. The Keystone XL may be a quick fix tht will just as quickly become redundant.

  2. #442
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    The game is changing.

    "What's occurring is a rebalancing of the world oil supply," says Daniel Yergin, energy historian and author of The Quest: Energy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World. He says Brazil's newly produced offshore oil, which he calls "presalt" because it's beneath a thick layer of salt, will further tip the scales.

    The US is using less and producing more.. Saudi is selling more to China and Canadians are beginning to think they should be looking to China as a buyer. The Keystone XL may be a quick fix tht will just as quickly become redundant.

    The only reason the game is changing is because the US is committing suicide.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The only reason the game is changing is because the US is committing suicide.


    j-mac
    Well that was real thetrical, but has NOTHING to do with the facts.

  4. #444
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Did you learn how to add in the first grade ???

    2.828 mbd of conventional

    PLUS

    1.616 mbd of bitumen oil

    The article you posted states clearly pg 3 of http://www.capp.ca/getdoc.aspx?DocId=190838
    for 2010 2.8 million barrels per day including oil sands. Oil sands alone 1.5 million per day.

    Sharon was off by 300 000 you are off by 1.5 million


    I think someone else needs to go to first grade for better reading skills
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #445
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The article you posted states clearly pg 3 of http://www.capp.ca/getdoc.aspx?DocId=190838
    for 2010 2.8 million barrels per day including oil sands. Oil sands alone 1.5 million per day.

    Sharon was off by 300 000 you are off by 1.5 million


    I think someone else needs to go to first grade for better reading skills
    And someone needs to learn that you have to read past the first page of a report.

    Try looking at the Appendix at the rear of the report.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #446
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And someone needs to learn that you have to read past the first page of a report.

    Try looking at the Appendix at the rear of the report.
    You mean like Appendix B.2 pg 29

    Which clearly states

    Total Canadian Oil Production of 2.828 million barrels per day

    I think you will require the breakdown simplified to be able to understand. The 2.828 mpd includes

    0.948 million barrels per day of conventional oil

    and

    1.470 million barrels per day of oil sands production

    throw in

    0.276 million barrels per day of oil produced in atlantic Canada along with condensate at 0.134 million barrels per day and somehow you come up with a magical number of 2.828 million barrels per day, rounded off to 2.8 million barrels, the exact number placed on page 3

    I dont know but most articles if they have been proof read at all will have the data in the appendix support the data in other areas of the article
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    2011 Canadian Crude Oil Forecast and Market Outlook - Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers

    This shows 2.9 million barrels from all sources.

    2011 Canadian Crude Oil Forecast and Market Outlook

  8. #448
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started it soon. They were probably hoping to get approval on the entire project first.
    I thought the OK-TX line was a separate deal from the border-crossing section? I guess I need to google some more.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    You mean like Appendix B.2 pg 29

    Which clearly states

    Total Canadian Oil Production of 2.828 million barrels per day

    I think you will require the breakdown simplified to be able to understand. The 2.828 mpd includes

    0.948 million barrels per day of conventional oil

    and

    1.470 million barrels per day of oil sands production

    throw in

    0.276 million barrels per day of oil produced in atlantic Canada along with condensate at 0.134 million barrels per day and somehow you come up with a magical number of 2.828 million barrels per day, rounded off to 2.8 million barrels, the exact number placed on page 3

    I dont know but most articles if they have been proof read at all will have the data in the appendix support the data in other areas of the article
    I guess I'll have to take you by your little hand and put your finger on the data. Yes, it says that oil production was 2.8 mbd. Directly below that number, AS I'VE BEEN POINTING OUT IN THE LAST 5 POSTS, is a figure for an additional 1.6 mbd of oil sands raw bitumen.

    Guess you haven't figured out that you have to look at the bottom of a table of data to get the final total rather than pulling a number out of the middle.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #450
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I guess I'll have to take you by your little hand and put your finger on the data. Yes, it says that oil production was 2.8 mbd. Directly below that number, AS I'VE BEEN POINTING OUT IN THE LAST 5 POSTS, is a figure for an additional 1.6 mbd of oil sands raw bitumen.

    Guess you haven't figured out that you have to look at the bottom of a table of data to get the final total rather than pulling a number out of the middle.

    Fail again

    I was waiting for you to say that


    Perhaps someone other then myself should read the table of data fully and completely including the notes. Like this one

    **Raw bitumen numbers are highlighted. The oil sands production numbers (as historically published) are a combination of upgraded crude oil and bitumen and therefore incorporate yield losses from
    integrated upgrader projects. Production from off-site upgrading projects are included in the production numbers as bitumen


    You see that note is highlighting the entire raw oil sands production, which is larger then the number in the table for oil sands production because it is the raw production and does not account for the loss's during upgrading, and as such is not avaliable for sale.

    In the upgrading process they loss 146 thousand barrels of oil which takes the number from 1.616 mpd to 1.470 mbp

    I suggest when you read things you read them fully, the notes typically are very important to understand what the table is stating, and by not reading and understanding it you misread the table, making an inaccurate assumption which caused you to believe Canada is producing 1.5 million barrels per day that it is not
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •