Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    240

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I know.. I have read the TransCanada claims.. Its political hype.. ask any oil man.. He'll laugh his head off..
    That's your source? "Any" oil man? What the hell is an "oil man"? Please be more specific, and cite some credible sources.

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbelt View Post
    That's your source? "Any" oil man? What the hell is an "oil man"? Please be more specific, and cite some credible sources.
    Oilmen are those who have worked in the oil business for decades and understand the business.

    You could reference drillers or executives with Saudi Aramco, Chevron, Hess, Marathon, TOTAL, Occiental, Dutch Shell and so forth.

    Or you can listen to politicians.

  3. #373
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I seem to recall gasoline at over $4.00 a gallon prior to the recession ... under Bush/Cheney?

    The price crashed due to the recession. Prices have recovered due to the improving economy. Don't know about you, but I'll take higher gas prices and an improving economy versus low gas prices and a putrid economy. It's that old supply<->demand thing.
    It was only over $4 a gallon from July 20th 2008 and dropped to $1.61 a gallon by the end of December 2008.

    1st Q 2011 increase in GDP was .4%, 2nd Q 2011 increase in GDP was 1.3%, 3rd Q 2011 increase in GDP was 1.8%. The economy improving? Where, those numbers indicate dead in the water.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  4. #374
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    It was only over $4 a gallon from July 20th 2008 and dropped to $1.61 a gallon by the end of December 2008.

    1st Q 2011 increase in GDP was .4%, 2nd Q 2011 increase in GDP was 1.3%, 3rd Q 2011 increase in GDP was 1.8%. The economy improving? Where, those numbers indicate dead in the water.
    The GDP numbers indicate improvement. The unemployment numbers are improving. Manufacturing is improving. Consumer confidence is improving. Not quickly, but certainly.

    In any case, the point is that the drop in oil prices was the result of a catastrophic economic collapse. Not really something to hang your hat on.

  5. #375
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The GDP numbers indicate improvement. The unemployment numbers are improving. Manufacturing is improving. Consumer confidence is improving. Not quickly, but certainly.

    In any case, the point is that the drop in oil prices was the result of a catastrophic economic collapse. Not really something to hang your hat on.
    At this rate of growth we might recover in 100 years unless we boot Obama out of the White House, 13 Dems in the Senate and 19 more in the House. Folks will start to get jobs as soon as Obama and the Democrats lose theirs.

    I'll be back later, I volunteer in a soup kitchen every Wednesday. We need to feed the Obama Homeless.
    Last edited by Prof. Peabody; 01-25-12 at 06:32 PM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  6. #376
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    At this rate of growth we might recover in 100 years unless we boot Obama out of the White House, 13 Dems in the Senate and 19 more in the House. Folks will start to get jobs as soon as Obama and the Democrats lose theirs.

    I'll be back later, I volunteer in a soup kitchen every Wednesday. We need to feed the Obama Homeless.
    If you vote in the same sort of assclowns that got us into this mess you can forget about recovering.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    I know.. I have read the TransCanada claims.. Its political hype.. ask any oil man.. He'll laugh his head off..
    I'm laughing right now at all your "facts" without a shred of proof.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #378
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If you vote in the same sort of assclowns that got us into this mess you can forget about recovering.
    Don't worry about that. Barney Frank is retiring so we don't have to worry about the assclown doing it again.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #379
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Don't worry about that. Barney Frank is retiring so we don't have to worry about the assclown doing it again.
    You sure? You're not going to introduce Mark Foley or Congressman Wide Stance at the convention?

  10. #380
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You sure? You're not going to introduce Mark Foley or Congressman Wide Stance at the convention?
    Didn't know they protected Fannie and Freddie from regulation. If they did, line them up with Barney.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •