Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 821

Thread: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I've seen no evidence that they're considering a western route through Canada. I've seen a few western routes mentioned, but they all pass through the US.
    While the map in the link is somewhat difficult to see this sure looks like a proposed western route that does not go through the US.
    DownstreamToday.com - News and Information for the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry

  2. #112
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    I'm sure this pipeline will eventually be built, whether it be through Canada to its western coast, or through the US to the gulf.

    What's one more.

    Last edited by Samhain; 01-20-12 at 12:22 PM.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    I'm sure this pipeline will eventually be built, whether it be through Canada to its western coast, or through the US to the gulf.

    What's one more.

    Your map can't possibly be right. Adam says Canada can't build a pipeline across the Rockies to a Pacific port.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #114
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    I can't for the life of me, figure out why it is that in an election year, that a project that is a no brainer as far as jobs, oil supply from a friendly ally, and union support of the project is anything but a win, win, win for this administration. It doesn't make sense that this is rejected.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    The way I see it is that the unions were for it, the environmentalists are against it. If he approves it he loses the enviro’s. The unions will be mad but not mad enough to not vote for him or more importantly against him. If he rejects it the enviro’s are happy, unions mad but again not enough to vote against him. Pretty sound calculation.

  6. #116
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Your map can't possibly be right. Adam says Canada can't build a pipeline across the Rockies to a Pacific port.
    ok, i missed it
    please identify the place of origin and point of terminus for an existing line across the rockies
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    The way I see it is that the unions were for it, the environmentalists are against it. If he approves it he loses the enviro’s. The unions will be mad but not mad enough to not vote for him or more importantly against him. If he rejects it the enviro’s are happy, unions mad but again not enough to vote against him. Pretty sound calculation.
    Probably true, but then how is he going to battle the huge election gift he just gave republicans by turning this down?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    ok, i missed it
    please identify the place of origin and point of terminus for an existing line across the rockies
    If you can't read a map, I can't help you.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Probably true, but then how is he going to battle the huge election gift he just gave republicans by turning this down?

    j-mac
    I have held the contention for over a year that this election will be a referendum on BHO’s success with the economy irrespective of who the GOP nominates. While the Keystone XL is the current ‘talking point’ by November it will have been long forgotten. Ultimately, I feel that if the economy is ‘better’, literally or figuratively, he will be impossible to beat… and the converse is also believed...even if Ron Paul is the candidate.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Keystone oil sands pipeline rejected

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I have held the contention for over a year that this election will be a referendum on BHO’s success with the economy irrespective of who the GOP nominates. While the Keystone XL is the current ‘talking point’ by November it will have been long forgotten. Ultimately, I feel that if the economy is ‘better’, literally or figuratively, he will be impossible to beat… and the converse is also believed...even if Ron Paul is the candidate.
    I disagree. Keystone and the economy are intertwined. We will see a lot of commercials on this subject between now and November.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •