Page 79 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #781
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when someone awards himself a victory it pretty much suggests he was thrashed.
    Well, if you come up with any arguments later or something, definitely feel free to present them.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you never did answer your purpose in starting this thread
    Remember the post I told you to bookmark? Read it. Again.

  2. #782
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Well, if you come up with any arguments later or something, definitely feel free to present them.



    Remember the post I told you to bookmark? Read it. Again.
    I didn't think your post was worthy of any special treatment. Generally when people are reluctant to repeat an answer its because they didn't like it the first time around

  3. #783
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    MOre far left psychobabble. The "uber rich MAY OR MAY NOT pay a lower effective rate than the mere rich depending on the source of their income. The uber rich pay the top rate on earned income which has several brackets ending at 35% and they pay the upper of two brackets on investment income. the tax on investment income is not subject to several bracket but only a couple. Your pathetic attempt to confuse the two is just that-pathetic

    the Lower classes by definition KEEP MORE OF THEIR EARNED money after the FEDERAL INCOME TAX has been applied because both the marginal rate (which is much higher than the effective rate for the lower classes, while the marginal and effective rates are almost the same for the very rich on earned income) than those in the 35% bracket

    when you spew stuff as obviously wrong as you constantly do, it proves you are swimming in the class hatred koolaid vat
    Quit trying to obfuscate the issue - the fact that capital gains rate is so low, the ones that can most afford to pay the fair tax rate don't. No wonder Mitt didn't want to show his tax returns - he knows that people aren't going to see it as "fair" like most gullible righties try to defend.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  4. #784
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I didn't think your post was worthy of any special treatment. Generally when people are reluctant to repeat an answer its because they didn't like it the first time around
    Kiddo, I've repeated that same set of arguments to you what, maybe three dozen times? You've never managed to come up with a counter argument, so instead you just play dumb like you forgot that the arguments were made. Enough of of it. Debate like an adult or go find a hobby that you are better at to fill your time.

  5. #785
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Quit trying to obfuscate the issue - the fact that capital gains rate is so low, the ones that can most afford to pay the fair tax rate don't. No wonder Mitt didn't want to show his tax returns - he knows that people aren't going to see it as "fair" like most gullible righties try to defend.
    when you start howling about fair tax rate I know I am dealing with a far left extremist.

    what isn't fair are people who pay no income taxes voting to increase the taxes of those who pay most of them

  6. #786
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Kiddo, I've repeated that same set of arguments to you what, maybe three dozen times? You've never managed to come up with a counter argument, so instead you just play dumb like you forgot that the arguments were made. Enough of of it. Debate like an adult or go find a hobby that you are better at to fill your time.
    Kiddo? LOL You get schooled here and you spew that crap? How old are you? do you have a job?

  7. #787
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    That's just federal and income taxes, not all taxes. They left out all the regressive taxes. It's just the same flaw we've been pointing out over and over in Maggie and Turtle's posts.
    and you continue to be mistaken or mislead. It amazes me that you continue to shift the debate to be all forms of taxes.
    But if that makes you happy, then kick the can down the road.
    I would bet the "rich" pay more sales tax on vehicles, household goods, clothes, utilities because they generally buy more expensive items.
    Bet the rich pay more hotel sales tax because they stay at higher end lodging. Bet they pay more tax at when eating out because they go to more expensive places to eat.
    Bet they pay higher property tax because they have higher priced homes, and more acres of land.

    I would also bet that if I make more than you I pay more taxes , than you do. And I am not rich.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #788
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    and you continue to be mistaken or mislead. It amazes me that you continue to shift the debate to be all forms of taxes.
    What do you mean "shift the debate to be all forms of taxes"? I'm having to point out over and over that some of you guys keep presenting evidence that is blatantly skewed by only including a selection of taxes that makes it sound like our tax system is more progressive than it is. I'm not shifting the debate, I'm catching you guys in distortions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I would bet the "rich" pay more sales tax on vehicles, household goods, clothes, utilities because they generally buy more expensive items.
    Bet the rich pay more hotel sales tax because they stay at higher end lodging. Bet they pay more tax at when eating out because they go to more expensive places to eat.
    Bet they pay higher property tax because they have higher priced homes, and more acres of land.
    They pay more as an absolute amount of course, but that isn't what is relevant. They pay much, much, less as a percentage of their income or as a percentage of the total taxes paid of those types. Like you hear people say "the top 1% pays 30% of all taxes" or whatever, but really what they mean is "30% of federal income taxes" and then when you include all federal taxes, it turns out it's actually closer to 15%. And then when you include all taxes it's closer to 10%. That kind of intentional distortion to try to get people to support giving even more tax breaks to the people who need them the least is immoral in my view.

  9. #789
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with far-right talking points. But the fact is that safety net programs have cut the poverty rate in half, so the drug dealer analogy is piss poor.
    Actually, I think a review of poverty rates in population show that welfare has done little, to nothing more than create a dependant class for demo constituency purpose.

    J-mac

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #790
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What do you mean "shift the debate to be all forms of taxes"? I'm having to point out over and over that some of you guys keep presenting evidence that is blatantly skewed by only including a selection of taxes that makes it sound like our tax system is more progressive than it is. I'm not shifting the debate, I'm catching you guys in distortions.



    They pay more as an absolute amount of course, but that isn't what is relevant. They pay much, much, less as a percentage of their income or as a percentage of the total taxes paid of those types. Like you hear people say "the top 1% pays 30% of all taxes" or whatever, but really what they mean is "30% of federal income taxes" and then when you include all federal taxes, it turns out it's actually closer to 15%. And then when you include all taxes it's closer to 10%. That kind of intentional distortion to try to get people to support giving even more tax breaks to the people who need them the least is immoral in my view.
    lets cut the crap

    the top one percent pay more income tax than any other similar sized group in the USA

    The top one percent pay more sales tax than any other similar sized group in the USA

    The top one percent pay more property tax than any other similar sized group in the USA

    The top one percent pay more airport tax, hotel tax and luxury taxes than any other similarly sized group in the United States

    The Top one percent pay almost all the death tax on a federal level and more of it on a state level than any other similar sized group

    I do tire of those who claim this group is somehow not paying its share of taxes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •