Page 75 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #741
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Dude, it's impossible that you honestly still don't understand. Nobody cares that the taxes rich people pay have different names than the taxes middle class people pay. That has nothing to do with anything. Of course they pay different types of taxes. Some taxes target the middle class, some target the rich. Overall, there are a whole lot more than target working middle class people. That's the point. Do you really think that just screaming over and over that the taxes they pay are different taxes is an intelligent way to conduct yourself?



    What the hell are you talking about? Only 0.5% of people get welfare. Get a clue.
    the lack of intelligence on this thread comes from thinking that the progressive rates applied to one form of tax is applicable to other taxes.

    and what is your purpose for starting this thread? be honest

  2. #742
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    another lie debunked .5%get welfare


    Record number in government anti-poverty programs - USATODAY.com

    I guess it depends how one defines "welfare"

  3. #743
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the lack of intelligence on this thread comes from thinking that the progressive rates applied to one form of tax is applicable to other taxes.

    and what is your purpose for starting this thread? be honest
    I dunno dude. Maybe this topic is just too hard for you. Pick an easier one maybe?

  4. #744
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    another lie debunked .5%get welfare


    Record number in government anti-poverty programs - USATODAY.com

    I guess it depends how one defines "welfare"
    Welfare means the government program that cuts checks to people because they are in poverty- TANF. Duh.

  5. #745
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I dunno dude. Maybe this topic is just too hard for you. Pick an easier one maybe?
    I guess after you getting schooled by me and several other posters when you confused Mitt's comments about his INCOME Tax rate and what his total tax bill is compared to his AGI you feel a need to pretend you are smarter than I am even though you are the one who needs big government and I do not. But I have not said anything in error and you were caught making one whopper of a screw up

  6. #746
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Welfare means the government program that cuts checks to people because they are in poverty- TANF. Duh.
    so it is your learned opinion that food stamps are NOT Welfare. OKIE DOKIE

  7. #747
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    another lie debunked .5%get welfare


    Record number in government anti-poverty programs - USATODAY.com

    I guess it depends how one defines "welfare"
    Amazing what happened during the Great Bush Recession ain't it?

  8. #748
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Amazing what happened during the Great Bush Recession ain't it?
    the one started by botox bitch and Dingy Harry and accentuated by the filibuster proof senate and Obama?

  9. #749
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess after you getting schooled by me and several other posters when you confused Mitt's comments about his INCOME Tax rate and what his total tax bill is compared to his AGI you feel a need to pretend you are smarter than I am even though you are the one who needs big government and I do not. But I have not said anything in error and you were caught making one whopper of a screw up
    Everybody agrees that Romney pays mostly income taxes and most people pay mostly regressive taxes. Just screaming that over and over is idiotic. Everybody knows that. That has zero impact on what we're talking about- that the rich pay a much lower percentage of their income in taxes than working people do. Do you honestly not understand that? If you don't, you need to just settle yourself down and concentrate. If you do understand that and are just intentionally playing dumb to irritate people, then you need to find a hobby you aren't so bad at.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so it is your learned opinion that food stamps are NOT Welfare. OKIE DOKIE
    Of course not. They're called "food stamps". Some people are on food stamps, some are on both welfare and food stamps.

  10. #750
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,691

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so it is your learned opinion that food stamps are NOT Welfare. OKIE DOKIE
    Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Although the Food Stamp Program was reauthorized in the 1996 Farm Bill, the 1996 welfare reform made several changes to the program, including

    I wonder if its not a form of welfare WTH would a welfare reform act apply to it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •