Page 71 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #701
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I ha e no idea what you are talking about.
    That would be your own failing, then. As analogies go, it's pretty straightforward.


    I suspect you are confusing apples with cinderblocks.
    Heh.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #702
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,059

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That would be your own failing, then. As analogies go, it's pretty straightforward.




    Heh.
    Then you should have no trouble explaining it compared to the original topic.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #703
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Then you should have no trouble explaining it compared to the original topic.
    It's your entire constitutional argument, dude.

    I do get why you'd refuse to acknowledge it, though. Put in such simple terms, it reveals the absurdity.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #704
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,059

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It's your entire constitutional argument, dude.

    I do get why you'd refuse to acknowledge it, though. Put in such simple terms, it reveals the absurdity.
    As I suspected - you cannot even explain your own weak analogy when challenged to do so.

    Take what I said - take what you said - compare the two and tell me why your analogy is so masterful.

    I await your clear and simple explanation.

    Or is this one of those things where one needs to speak a certain ideological language or consume a massive amount of the proper kool-aid before the enlightenment appears to shine down upon them?
    Last edited by haymarket; 01-21-12 at 01:28 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #705
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Let's try a better analogy. As mom and dad hop in the cab to the airport, dad says, "if you need to go somewhere, you know where the keys are." When the folks get back, dad says, "wtf! You drove my car!" Junior replies, "you said I could if I needed to go somewhere!" Dad replies, "no I didn't! I just said that you knew where the keys were!!"

  6. #706
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Let's try a better analogy. As mom and dad hop in the cab to the airport, dad says, "if you need to go somewhere, you know where the keys are." When the folks get back, dad says, "wtf! You drove my car!" Junior replies, "you said I could if I needed to go somewhere!" Dad replies, "no I didn't! I just said that you knew where the keys were!!"
    Unfortunately, that analogy is inaccurate, vis-a-vis haymarket's own arguments.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #707
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As I suspected - you cannot even explain your own weak analogy when challenged to do so.

    Take what I said - take what you said - compare the two and tell me why your analogy is so masterful.

    I await your clear and simple explanation.

    Or is this one of those things where one needs to speak a certain ideological language or consume a massive amount of the proper kool-aid before the enlightenment appears to shine down upon them?


    AdamT got it, and he's on your side.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #708
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Unfortunately, that analogy is inaccurate, vis-a-vis haymarket's own arguments.
    How so? I don't see it.

  9. #709
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How so? I don't see it.
    He claimed a power and pointed to tools which don't support it. Easy enough.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #710
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    He claimed a power and pointed to tools which don't support it. Easy enough.
    I disagree, and more importantly, so does the Supreme Court.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •