Page 58 of 192 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #571
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your posts really have not demonstrated any integrity and your posts here are nothing more than rants about the wealthy in general and Romney in particular
    I answer questions not ignore them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #572
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    I advocate helping the poor through changes on the economic level and find helping people in the way it done now works against the poor and everyone else as it makes them poorer and everyone else in extension. I would think people that are always wanting to take others property to help the poor can pick up the slack since there appears to be so many of them.

  3. #573
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And cutting spending and increasing revenues had nothing to do with it?
    the ONLY REASON WHY REVENUES increased was due to that massive bubble. that's why the orgasmic joy for tax hikes is idiotic

  4. #574
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I advocate helping the poor through changes on the economic level and find helping people in the way it done now works against the poor and everyone else as it makes them poorer and everyone else in extension. I would think people that are always wanting to take others property to help the poor can pick up the slack since there appears to be so many of them.
    Its interesting but those most likely to call for higher taxes to help the poor are those (no matter what their economic strata) far less likely to actually give to charity

  5. #575
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Moscow 1918
    The French Revolution 1799....do some reading
    Just for my edification can you explain how these two revolutions which overthrew MONARCHIES applies to this country?

  6. #576
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Not necessary, all we have to do is vote in November to end the supply side economics that is killing the country.

    Where do you suppose you will go when life becomes as horrible for the rich as it was under the tax rates of the 90's?
    Who are you going to vote for in November that is going to 'end the supply side economics'? NONE of those running today have any intention in doing that.

  7. #577
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Who are you going to vote for in November that is going to 'end the supply side economics'? NONE of those running today have any intention in doing that.
    the guy who whines the most about the rich while getting millions from Goldman Sucks, Bain etc

  8. #578
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Just for my edification can you explain how these two revolutions which overthrew MONARCHIES applies to this country?
    Historically, hunger is a primary trigger for revolutions and uprisings.

    Hungry people revolt, form of government is irrelevant.

    That whole "forgetting the lessons of history" thing.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #579
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Historically, hunger is a primary trigger for revolutions and uprisings.

    Hungry people revolt, form of government is irrelevant.

    That whole "forgetting the lessons of history" thing.
    the poor in the USA tend to be rather obese not starving. twinkies are their bane not hunger

  10. #580
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the guy who whines the most about the rich while getting millions from Goldman Sucks, Bain etc
    OH, you mean the one that has had three years to ‘end the supply side’. But as Hay so eloquently stated ‘In each and every case they moved from a progressive position to caving in to the right.’ I guess Cat thinks something is gonna change in November...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •