Page 25 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #241
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again speculation-most of that list is crap without any supporting documentation

    like the "rich benefit more from wars" I don't benefit from wars. Or we have "more to lose" which is why we have insurance etc. stuff you all just make up in order to justify parasitic tax schemes on those who are more industrious than you are.

    in fact we can prove more direct use of government services by the poor. Foodstamps, etc go ahead and PROVE your claims-you cannot
    DO i really need to list off all the ways the benefit more yet again? They benefit from the education of all their employees, where the individual only benefits from their own education. They make millions of dollars because our country has a strong consumer base. They utilize the infrastructure radically more heavily. Having a stable currency benefits them far more. Law and order. Etc.

    If you can refute any of it please go ahead. Otherwise, stop pretending you didn't know any better.

  2. #242
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    show me where by his statement he didn't mean just federal?
    If I had a dog and a cat, and I said "my pets are hungry" would you assume I just meant my dog?

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    because you brought up Ohio when dealing with a candidate from another state-I have no idea what sort of sin taxes Taxachussettes has
    Well about ten seconds on google:

    What store sales are tax-exempt?

    The following items sold in stores are not taxable.Beverages: Beverages sold in unopened original containers for off-premises consumption, whether purchased separately or in combination with other foods.Prepackaged snacks and prepackaged baked goods: Items such as popcorn, chips, candy, ice cream, prepackaged pastries, novelties, etc. for off-premises consumption. Prepackaged means packaged in a sealed, unopened original container intended and marked by the manufacturer for individual sale.

    A Guide to Sales Tax on Meals - Massachusetts Department of Revenue - Mass.Gov

  4. #244
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    DO i really need to list off all the ways the benefit more yet again? They benefit from the education of all their employees, where the individual only benefits from their own education. They make millions of dollars because our country has a strong consumer base. They utilize the infrastructure radically more heavily. Having a stable currency benefits them far more. Law and order. Etc.

    If you can refute any of it please go ahead. Otherwise, stop pretending you didn't know any better.
    that is such lame crap-we can find educated employees overseas-that education benefits the workers more than company owners. again you are just making stuff up to justify taking more wealth from other people.

    I don't need to refute something that you cannot prove. you made that moronic claim in order to justify what is essentially nothing more than a position based on envy and class hatred. You go ahead and try to claim that Romney uses more stuff paid for my the millions he pays in income tax than the tens of millions who pay NO income taxes

  5. #245
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well about ten seconds on google:
    NOt relevant-nice try but not relevant. the point is (and you missed) is that different states have different taxes and claiming that "the poor" pay more taxes percentage wise than Romney because one incorporate state taxes requires an analysis of each state

  6. #246
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    How can you reply to a study that doesn't release how they calculate their figures?
    I've seen the totals for combined state and federal dozens of times. They're always the same except for a minor variance by year. If you have any figures that contradict these, by all means lets see them. I never have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    How can they figure state and local taxes into the model and apply it the entire country when those tax laws vary by state/district?
    By averaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    What exactly are you arguing by incorporating every government tax/fee under the sun? That all taxes (property, excise, sales, FICA, disability) and fees (vehicle registration etc.) should be progressive?
    I'm incorporating all taxes because that's the actual tax burden and I don't see any reason to intentionally distort it to make it look like one group is paying more of the taxes than they are by leaving some out randomly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    It seems your main beef is with the long-term capital gains tax. Are you advocating that there should be no difference between short-term and long-term capital gains? That investments held over a year be taxed the same as trades made within a month?
    I think all types of income should be taxed as income. No special breaks for rich investors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Keep in mind Romney is 64 years old. Throughout his working career, if he was earning top-bracket income it was taxed at 35%. Most people at that age rely on a fixed income from their retirement accounts or social security.
    No, he was paid primarily as "carried interest" by Bain anyways. I doubt he made even 5% of his lifetime money as wages.

  7. #247
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    If I had a dog and a cat, and I said "my pets are hungry" would you assume I just meant my dog?
    Nice Diversion-if he said my dog is hungry it might mean his cocker spaniel, it might mean his beagle but it wouldn't mean his tortoise or his hare and that is what you claimed

    and if he said my 100 pound dog is hungry that would exclude the small ones

    his comments were

    1) LIMITED TO INCOME TAX

    2) CLEARLY refer to FEDERAL INCOME tax due to the rates

  8. #248
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is such lame crap-we can find educated employees overseas-that education benefits the workers more than company owners. again you are just making stuff up to justify taking more wealth from other people.
    LOL. So the rich could benefit from another society instead of this one? That's your argument? Fail.

    Again, until you come up with a counter argument, stop repeating your claims that you can't defend.

  9. #249
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post

    I think all types of income should be taxed as income. No special breaks for rich investors.

    .
    lets be honest, you just want the rich to pay even more

    the people getting special breaks are everyone BUT THE RICH

  10. #250
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    LOL. So the rich could benefit from another society instead of this one? That's your argument? Fail.

    Again, until you come up with a counter argument, stop repeating your claims that you can't defend.
    I have proven you lied on this thread

    I suggest the only fail is you. and when you got tuned up for lying you start making idiotic personal attacks like claiming I am immoral for opposing progressive taxes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •