Page 186 of 192 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #1851
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    We have a $15 TRILLION debt. If you think we can get it under control without raising more revenue you have your head burried somewhere.
    well lets see the government prove it can make massive cuts first

    and why do we have a massive debt? because of the attitudes of people like you who think that the government needs to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger

    lets have some massive cuts to prove that the government will actually get serious about a diet

    then if you want to raise taxes-start with those who demand too much government and pay too little taxes

  2. #1852
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh and how will that be paid down with your beloved tax hikes on the rich


    it won't be, we need massive massive cuts-the revenue the government gets now is billions upon billions more than it needs
    That is a separate and different question. Yours was asked and answered.

    Why are you unable to defend your own allegations? Cite the law where you are getting this claim about this alleged exchange of value as part of taxation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1853
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You dont help a credit card junkie by loaning them more money. Government must stop spending first. That isnt even close to occurring.
    Which is an entirely different and separate issue.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1854
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Which is an entirely different and separate issue.
    Romney has paid more than his share. other have paid far less. end of story

  5. #1855
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well lets see the government prove it can make massive cuts first

    and why do we have a massive debt? because of the attitudes of people like you who think that the government needs to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger

    lets have some massive cuts to prove that the government will actually get serious about a diet

    then if you want to raise taxes-start with those who demand too much government and pay too little taxes
    Sorry, but I was against the Iraq War. I was against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security -- the biggest new bureaucracy since the New Deal. I was against Medicare Part D. These were all multi-hundred-billion-dollar boondoggles that people like you supported. So forgive me if I throw the bull**** flag on another conservative claiming that he wants to cut spending just as soon as those tax cuts get passed. Been there, done that.

  6. #1856
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Romney has paid more than his share. other have paid far less. end of story
    More pontifications of belief and you are still powerless and unable to defend your previous claims and allegations. Again, Cite the law where you are getting this claim about this alleged exchange of value as part of taxation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1857
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,366

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that also encourages high earners to blow it rather than save for their kids. its idiotic to punish saving and thrift.

    My father earned well over a million a year and drove Oldsmobiles, often until they quit running. Lots of his friends drove expensive sports cars, took expensive vacations all over the world, at at fancy restaurants rather than middle of the road places like we did. Yeah and when my father and mother died, we had a much bigger estate than kids I grew up with whose parents made as much as mine. but according to the parasite mentality, we ought to pay much more taxes
    "its idiotic to punish saving and thrift"
    It is like you have no concept of economics or capitalism. We are a ca[italist consumer economy and we reward spending more than saving...saving does not boost GDP or employment, spending does. Its just the way it is, get used to it. What do you care if you are dead anyway? Besides there is a $5 million deduction on the tax! That is more than "thrift" will get you and hardly punishment. Most families I know would be tickled to inherit $5 million tax free.

  8. #1858
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sorry, but I was against the Iraq War. I was against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security -- the biggest new bureaucracy since the New Deal. I was against Medicare Part D. These were all multi-hundred-billion-dollar boondoggles that people like you supported. So forgive me if I throw the bull**** flag on another conservative claiming that he wants to cut spending just as soon as those tax cuts get passed. Been there, done that.
    I was against staying in Iraq once we took out the regime, I was against the Dept of Energy, the department of education and several other government branches that are state functions. and this government did not cut spending when GHWB increased taxes

    fool us once..................


    and if you want to pay more taxes by all means do it we tire of being told we need to fund hog that we already give too much to

  9. #1859
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    "its idiotic to punish saving and thrift"
    It is like you have no concept of economics or capitalism. We are a ca[italist consumer economy and we reward spending more than saving...saving does not boost GDP or employment, spending does. Its just the way it is, get used to it. What do you care if you are dead anyway? Besides there is a $5 million deduction on the tax! That is more than "thrift" will get you and hardly punishment. Most families I know would be tickled to inherit $5 million tax free.
    why do people who rarely have demonstrated any success in capitalism or any concept of personal economics are often the ones who lecture those of us who aren't needing government handouts about such things

    You didn't earn the money and you have no right to tell others what they should do with it

  10. #1860
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do people who rarely have demonstrated any success in capitalism or any concept of personal economics are often the ones who lecture those of us who aren't needing government handouts about such things

    You didn't earn the money and you have no right to tell others what they should do with it
    Why do you engage in ad hominem attacks upon other posters and jump to wild conclusions about them and their finances simply because they take a different position on an issue that you do? That is NOT debate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •