Page 134 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1914

Thread: Romney reveals he pays about 15% in taxes(edited)

  1. #1331
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That is spamming to post the same crap over and over.
    You mean its not fair to document facts to back up my claim while you have documented nothing to back up your own?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why would you do that?
    It's not why would we do that but rather you...but maybe:

    Per urban dictionary
    Playing the ‘race card’-

    A false claim of racism used in attempt to win a debate/argument or escape punishment. This is generally used by people who have no legitimate argument or excuse for their actions.

  3. #1333
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Screwing people with money isn't an answer. It'll just make them resentful and more likely to hide their investments and assets, instead of putting them back in with higher salaries and benefits.
    I haven't heard anyone suggesting screwing the people with money. Quote please?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1334
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,676

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You mean its not fair to document facts to back up my claim while you have documented nothing to back up your own?
    You do understand how moronic a claim it is to state that the total tax bill of some middle class people might be about the same or slightly higher than a SINGLE tax paid by some investors when

    1) the investors pay a far higher effective INCOME Tax rate than the effective rate of those middle class taxpayers

    2) using taxes that were not intended or set up to be progressive in an attempt to whine about the progressitivity of a system that has many non progressive facets is also dishonest

  5. #1335
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where do you get this word RACIST from? You are inventing things that were not there?

    Why would you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No one called you a racist Turtle. You brought race into this discussion about taxation. That is hardly conducive to honest discussion about a topic that race has nothing to do with.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Bringing race into this does not advance the discussion.
    Oh you can vaguely insinuate someone has introduced race over and over and not mean, racist or racism? You can say the words over and over without impunity because you're more truthful? That's more than a little disingenuous. You have little room to call anyone dishonest, when you imply the very essence of a title without literally voicing it out. Slick but not sincere or righteous at all.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #1336
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,016

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why should the American people support a law and system which permits one person earning $800K and paying a tax rate of 35% with a tax bill of $280,000.00 while another person earns $800K and pays a tax rate of 15% and a tax bill of 120,000 if all other conditions are equal other than the source of the money?

    How is that not discriminatory?
    One income has no risk other than loss of a job.
    The other income has a risk of loosing what was invested.
    So no discrimination, two differnt types of income

    Riddle me this:
    One person savings pays 2%
    Another person savings pays 4%
    Is that discrimination? Its all saving dollars. So why would American support this going on in America?
    Last edited by mike2810; 01-24-12 at 01:10 AM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  7. #1337
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I haven't heard anyone suggesting screwing the people with money. Quote please?
    They're the best ones to screw or so I heard.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #1338
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You do understand how moronic a claim it is to state that the total tax bill of some middle class people might be about the same or slightly higher than a SINGLE tax paid by some investors when

    1) the investors pay a far higher effective INCOME Tax rate than the effective rate of those middle class taxpayers

    2) using taxes that were not intended or set up to be progressive in an attempt to whine about the progressitivity of a system that has many non progressive facets is also dishonest
    Numbering your opinions does not disprove my claim that those that make their income primarily from investments pay a lower tax rate than someone in the middle class making $50,000 who is paying both income taxes and payroll taxes.

    You are ignoring the payroll taxes paid to the federal government which makes up 40% of federal revenues. The fact is for decades SS receipts have been used for general fund spending. Without SS funds paid for mostly by the working class our debt would be much bigger than it is because of the tax cuts we provided for the rich.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #1339
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,676

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Numbering your opinions does not disprove my claim that those that make their income primarily from investments pay a lower tax rate than someone in the middle class making $50,000 who is paying both income taxes and payroll taxes.

    You are ignoring the payroll taxes paid to the federal government which makes up 40% of federal revenues. The fact is for decades SS receipts have been used for general fund spending. Without SS funds paid for mostly by the working class our debt would be much bigger than it is because of the tax cuts we provided for the rich.
    quit engaging in idiotic comparisons

    next you will claim that the average working person pays more taxes in 40 years than an investor pays in a week

    again perhaps true but ridiculous

    NO WORKING PERSON making 50K a year Pays effective FIT rates anywhere near 15%

    that is all that matters. apples to apples-your claims are idiotic

    you want to compare the entire grocery store to the apple display

    with that I am done for the night-you can find more idiotic comparisons to justify your rich bashing nonsense but honest comparisons bitch slap your position

  10. #1340
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Romney's tax rate is only half as high as the middle class pays

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    They're the best ones to screw or so I heard.
    So you say its something you've heard, but nothing you can quote??? Isn't that what is known as a baseless accusation?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •