Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 123

Thread: Cruise Ship sinks!

  1. #51
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    only Americans could turn a cruise ship sinking thread into another paranoid terrorists going to get us thread

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That is bizarre.
    What is so bizarre about it, Adam?

  3. #53
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    What is so bizarre about it, Adam?
    What's bizarre about being so paranoid about being attacked that you are willing to completely circumscribe your movements so as to avoid ever having to be someplace where you can't be armed? Seriously?

    It would be like refusing to ever leave your home because you're afraid of being hit by lightning.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What's bizarre about being so paranoid about being attacked that you are willing to completely circumscribe your movements so as to avoid ever having to be someplace where you can't be armed? Seriously?

    It would be like refusing to ever leave your home because you're afraid of being hit by lightning.
    Not paranoid, prepared. There is a difference. I learned early in life that there are VERY FEW people on this planet who deserve my Trust. None of my common acquaintances get it. Only a very small percentage of my close friends even truly earm my Trust. I have learned to assume that at any time I could be the target of a potential threat. To that end, if I am not comfortable with the level of security a location provides and am not allowed to maintain my own security in that location, I will avoid it. That's just common sense so far as I'm concerned.

  5. #55
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Not paranoid, prepared. There is a difference. I learned early in life that there are VERY FEW people on this planet who deserve my Trust. None of my common acquaintances get it. Only a very small percentage of my close friends even truly earm my Trust. I have learned to assume that at any time I could be the target of a potential threat. To that end, if I am not comfortable with the level of security a location provides and am not allowed to maintain my own security in that location, I will avoid it. That's just common sense so far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sorry, but that is paranoia.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Not paranoid, prepared. There is a difference. I learned early in life that there are VERY FEW people on this planet who deserve my Trust. None of my common acquaintances get it. Only a very small percentage of my close friends even truly earm my Trust. I have learned to assume that at any time I could be the target of a potential threat. To that end, if I am not comfortable with the level of security a location provides and am not allowed to maintain my own security in that location, I will avoid it. That's just common sense so far as I'm concerned.
    so if you wanted to go fishing or on a picnic with the family do you scope out the area first?

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is paranoia.
    No. That's simply proper prior planning. I got an opportunity to see into the darkness of the human heart early on in life, and I have never forgotten that lesson, Adam. I'm 5'-5" tall and weigh about 160 lbs. I'm not the sort of person who is going to excell in a fistfight. To that end I attempt to avoid situations and locations where there might be the potential for an altercation. When that's not possible I go armed to ensure that I'm the one who ends up walking away if necessary. If neither option is possible, I avoid the location and situation entirely.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    so if you wanted to go fishing or on a picnic with the family do you scope out the area first?
    I would rarely go to an area that I am not already familiar with for that sort of event. If I was attending with someone else who knows the area better than I do, I would be talking to them about it ahead of time.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I would rarely go to an area that I am not already familiar with for that sort of event. If I was attending with someone else who knows the area better than I do, I would be talking to them about it ahead of time.

    going to a city for you must be a nightmare

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Cruise Ship sinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    going to a city for you must be a nightmare
    Not something I do very often. I definitely stay in the main areas of the city and do not stray off into side neighborhoods or places like that. I'll go into Boston or Springfield only if I'm armed. I won't go to NYC at all if I can help it.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •