Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 163

Thread: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

  1. #81
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Not a very intellectual approach.


    The Iowa caucus vote is non-binding. From a legal or delegate standpoint it means absolutely nothing. See Iowa Republican caucuses, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (para. 4).


    But if the messenger is a proven liar, shouldn't the message at least be inspected for honesty and validity? To be sure, it looks like a handful of ballots were available for recently deceased people. Does that mean that government-issued photo-ID is necessary for voters? Of course not -- it means that the list of registered voters must be more vigorously policed with regards to the recently deceased. Do you think that was the message that O'Keefe was intending to send?

    Or do you think he was trying to send the message that government-issued photo-ID is necessary for voters? To combat voter fraud that, since he could not find, he merely committed himself (the O'Keefe M.O., BTW). . . . .
    You still arent getting it. I dont care if it was Satan or Michael Moore that demonstrated they could fraudulently get ballots. If it can happen it should be cleaned up. Voter fraud, registration fraud, all of it. That you people are so petrified of fixing the problem is very telling.

  2. #82
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You still arent getting it. I dont care if it was Satan or Michael Moore that demonstrated they could fraudulently get ballots. If it can happen it should be cleaned up. Voter fraud, registration fraud, all of it. That you people are so petrified of fixing the problem is very telling.
    What you don't get is that there is no problem. The O'Keefe douche could have done the same thing making up 90 false IDs, and the use of false IDs wouldn't then become a problem either.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You still arent getting it. I dont care if it was Satan or Michael Moore that demonstrated they could fraudulently get ballots. If it can happen it should be cleaned up. Voter fraud, registration fraud, all of it. That you people are so petrified of fixing the problem is very telling.
    The Republicans only want to clean up the Democratic side of 'the problem'. That you aren't aware of that, or are avoiding it, is very telling.

    Additionally, foolproof ID would probably involve surgically implanted electronic devices at birth (I'm thinking delivered by a large bore needle directly into the center of the brain, to deter tampering). Just how far down this 'zero fraud' path are you willing to go?

  4. #84
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The Republicans only want to clean up the Democratic side of 'the problem'. That you aren't aware of that, or are avoiding it, is very telling.

    Additionally, foolproof ID would probably involve surgically implanted electronic devices at birth (I'm thinking delivered by a large bore needle directly into the center of the brain, to deter tampering). Just how far down this 'zero fraud' path are you willing to go?
    I'm a registered libertarian, haven't voted for a major party candidate since 2003, and vote in every election. I don't give a **** about republicans OR democrats. I've made that very clear. You REALLY want to pretend we haven't had issues of fraud and intimidation raised in every major election? Of course we have. Don't like that we have reached a point where voter ID is necessary? Blame it on the scumbags that have been registering people illegally, voting for others, stuffing ballot boxes, bribing people for their votes, losing ballots, finding mystery bags of ballots, denying military votes, etc.

    Showing ID. It ****ing pathetic that so many people claim that's a violation of rights.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    [...] Showing ID. It ****ing pathetic that so many people claim that's a violation of rights.
    So, that's a yes on the surgically implanted electronic ID devices at birth?

  6. #86
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    [...] Don't like that we have reached a point where voter ID is necessary? Blame it on the scumbags that have been [1] registering people illegally, [2] voting for others, [3] stuffing ballot boxes, [4] bribing people for their votes, [5] losing ballots, [6] finding mystery bags of ballots, [7] denying military votes, etc. [...]
    1. Are these illegally registered people voting? If so, can you give us any examples? If not, do you think it could swing an election?

    2. This could happen. Do you think it does? Do you think it could swing an election?

    3. Photo ID would stop this how?

    4. Photo ID would stop this how?

    5. Photo ID would stop this how?

    6. Photo ID would stop this how?

    7. Photo ID would stop this how?

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So, that's a yes on the surgically implanted electronic ID devices at birth?
    That's a yes on showing the same thing you have to show to buy a pack of cigarettes. I'll leave the hyperbole to your machinations.

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    1. Are these illegally registered people voting? If so, can you give us any examples? If not, do you think it could swing an election?

    2. This could happen. Do you think it does? Do you think it could swing an election?

    3. Photo ID would stop this how?

    4. Photo ID would stop this how?

    5. Photo ID would stop this how?

    6. Photo ID would stop this how?

    7. Photo ID would stop this how?
    You admit all of those things happen, right? Showing an ID helps resolve fraudulently gaining and casting ballots. I'd go with public beatings and significant jail time for all of it. photo I'd doesn't silve every problem. I'm for attacking ALL o the problems and BTW YOU were the ones that stated some people dont care about solving all the problems. I'm not that guy.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    I can't imagine why anyone would be allowed to vote without photo ID. How in the hell could you verify who they are? I've spent most of my life in Greece, Czech and Spain where if you attempted to vote without national identification which proves who you are and your citizenship, you would be shown the door but not the door of the booth.

    What the hell is wrong with people?

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would be allowed to vote without photo ID. How in the hell could you verify who they are? I've spent most of my life in Greece, Czech and Spain where if you attempted to vote without national identification which proves who you are and your citizenship, you would be shown the door but not the door of the booth.

    What the hell is wrong with people?
    This is my 40th year of voting in public elections. I have never had to provide anything but my signature which is matched against the duplicate of the voters application I filled out to register to vote. The person behind the desk simply matches them up and I vote.

    There never has been any problem.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •