Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 163

Thread: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

  1. #151
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai, replying to Karl View Post
    What is wrong with requiring someone to prove who they are before they vote in the person's name they claim to be? [...]
    Since you chose to ignore previous explanations of what is wrong with it, what is wrong with inter-cranial RF ID chip implant at birth? I mean, after all, why not get this ID thing behind us once and for all?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai, replying to Karl View Post
    I asked this question to my adult students last week and every single one of them, EVERY ONE, was incredulous that you can vote in the United States without showing an identification.
    This is why one should not interject items of a personal nature into an internet forum, for it forces me to note that it sounds like you are doing your students a grave disservice by presenting them with such a shallow and incomplete picture of the voting process in the U.S., clearly based upon your personal bias (refusal to address all the issues involved).

    Hopefully they will independently research the matter and discover that in most cases, some type of identification is required during either the registration or voting process. Hopefully, during that research they will also run across explanations and examples of caging lists and other types of voter disenfranchisement schemes that are continually plotted by one particular political party in a clear effort to stymie those citizens who generally tend to vote for the other political party. Then, with a more rounded picture of the situation, they can begin to understand how a govt-issued photo ID requirement can be a barrier, in one fashion or another, to some perfectly legal voters (such as one elderly woman who was refused a govt photo ID because she lost her marriage certificate).... a barrier that, by all estimation, would prevent many, many more legal votes than illegal votes (which, for the most part, don't even exist as a result of ID issues).

  2. #152
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm not saying that it NEVER happens, but it's extremely rare and more likely than not it would happen even with voter ID in place because these things tend to be done by poll workers or others participating in the vote tally process. Obviously Shelby County has some problems.... The Free Press -- Independent News Media from Columbus, Ohio

    That said, the county has a population of about 1 million. So say you five elections over that 10 year span; that comes to about 14 fraudulent votes per election. According to several studies, a strict voter ID law would be expected to reduce voter participation by 10,000 to 15,000. So which is the greater evil, taking into consideration that the ID law might not even prevent some or all of the fraudulent votes?
    Is it really that rare ???

    South Carolina’s attorney general says "dead people" have been voting in the state and he wants it investigated.

    Attorney General Alan Wilson has asked the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division to review “evidence of potential voter fraud in the state,” according to a press release issued by his office.

    Wilson said the evidence was uncovered by Kevin Shwedo, director of the Department of Motor Vehicles, during an extensive review of data related to the state's new Voter I.D. law.

    "Director Shwedo's research has revealed evidence that over nine hundred deceased people appear to have 'voted' in recent elections in South Carolina," said Wilson. "This is an alarming number, and clearly necessitates an investigation into potential criminal activity. I have asked SLED Chief Keel to review Director Shwedo's research."
    I specifically included the election fraud from Memphis because fraud did change election results there a few years back.

    Here's another one. Although it was only a small town mayoral race, it indicates how voting fraud can overturn results.

    "According to the election commission he is no longer the mayor," Wombough said. "The election is overturned."

    A judge found that 23 people who lived outside of Oakland voted in the election. Mullins won that election by only 15 votes.
    Mayor of Oakland, TN asked to leave office - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

    There are hundreds of similar examples if you take the time to look, because the mainstream media certainly isn't going to report them.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #153
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    In both NH and GA, it is incredibly easy to get an ID...
    Please explain, in detail, the procedures of each state as well as the documents required in order to prove your point. Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    "According to the election commission he is no longer the mayor," Wombough said. "The election is overturned."

    A judge found that 23 people who lived outside of Oakland voted in the election. Mullins won that election by only 15 votes.


    Mayor of Oakland, TN asked to leave office - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee
    And govt-issued photo ID would have solved that problem how?

  5. #155
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    And govt-issued photo ID would have solved that problem how?
    Hmmm, that's a really hard one to figure out....

    Maybe they would not have been allowed to vote, maybe, just maybe.

    I am continually amazed at the moronic posts on this board that should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #156
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    South Carolina’s attorney general says "dead people" have been voting in the state and he wants it investigated.

    Attorney General Alan Wilson has asked the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division to review “evidence of potential voter fraud in the state,” according to a press release issued by his office.

    Wilson said the evidence was uncovered by Kevin Shwedo, director of the Department of Motor Vehicles, during an extensive review of data related to the state's new Voter I.D. law.

    "Director Shwedo's research has revealed evidence that over nine hundred deceased people appear to have 'voted' in recent elections in South Carolina," said Wilson. "This is an alarming number, and clearly necessitates an investigation into potential criminal activity. I have asked SLED Chief Keel to review Director Shwedo's research."
    "Appear" to have voted. In "recent" elections. Hmmm. . . .

    January 12, 2012, 3:09 pm -- [...] Mr. Schwedo testified in the state legislature the other day that he did not know how long a period the data covered – just that it was “recent elections.” So it could have been 957 people in the last election, or the last 10 elections.

    And, to compound the problem, no one even knows if those people are actually dead, or if they’re just listed as dead in state records, which everyone seems to admit are in a terrible state. The solution here is better record keeping and regular purging of voter rolls.

    Did Dead People Vote in South Carolina? - NYTimes.com
    On this one I'll wait until the SC Atty Gen'l publishes the report of the investigation.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Hmmm, that's a really hard one to figure out....

    Maybe they would not have been allowed to vote, maybe, just maybe.

    I am continually amazed at the moronic posts on this board that should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense.
    Well, then, quit making so many

    Do you not think that perhaps someone may have moved out of town, had not updated their ID, but still voted? And when the election was challenged, it was discovered via real estate transfer records that they had moved? Like, duh

    But please use your common sense to explain how someone that did not live in town would register to vote?

    Or is it your theory that out-of-towners schemed to vote in place of in-town residents that were 1) registered to vote, and 2) not going to vote for some reason. But give me advance notice so I can don my tin foil hat before you roll that one out

    Do you know if any of the challenged votes were absentee ballots? Photo-ID is not required for those, you know...

    It might be simpler if you just tell us what you know about those 23 votes.....
    Last edited by Karl; 01-18-12 at 12:02 PM.

  8. #158
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Is it really that rare ???



    I specifically included the election fraud from Memphis because fraud did change election results there a few years back.

    Here's another one. Although it was only a small town mayoral race, it indicates how voting fraud can overturn results.


    Mayor of Oakland, TN asked to leave office - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

    There are hundreds of similar examples if you take the time to look, because the mainstream media certainly isn't going to report them.
    Apparently the Bush administration wasn't reporting them either, because they launched a major initiative to tackle the alleged problem of voter fraud, and over the course of eight years they found next to nothing.

  9. #159
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    "Appear" to have voted. In "recent" elections. Hmmm. . . .


    On this one I'll wait until the SC Atty Gen'l publishes the report of the investigation.
    There is nothing but innuendo in the SC case. People who are presently dead were found to have voted in "recent" elections, but there is no indication what "recent" means, and no proof that the presently dead people weren't perfectly living at the time of the elections.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Apparently the Bush administration wasn't reporting them either, because they launched a major initiative to tackle the alleged problem of voter fraud, and over the course of eight years they found next to nothing.
    Link ?????

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •