Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 163

Thread: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

  1. #111
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    While I'm sure you know this, you sir have been breaking the law or soon will be...in your state I believe...:


    Due to a recent court ruling, every Michigan voter must present picture identification at the polls, or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.


    SOS - A Guide to Voter Identification at the Polls

    It is now YOUR opportunity to promote YOUR voice IN YOUR STATE to repeal this photo ID issue…if you are so inclined. I would suggest others that pontificate on this issue to check their OWN laws. If they reside in states who have such laws that they disagree with I suggest their time would be better served organizing efforts to repeal them rather than posting opinions on DP…
    As the quote you posted indicates, the Michigan law does NOT require a photo ID to vote.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As the quote you posted indicates, the Michigan law does NOT require a photo ID to vote.
    You're right, one has an option. But that is not what Hay indicated he did...so what is your point?

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,901

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    this hot off the presses from the Michigan Secretary of State

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...s_209297_7.pdf
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Wasn't that from the site I linked to?

  5. #115
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You're right, one has an option. But that is not what Hay indicated he did...so what is your point?
    Apparently this is a new law. My point is that he can still vote without showing an ID, simply by signing a form stating that he doesn't have an ID. What's your point?

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Apparently this is a new law. My point is that he can still vote without showing an ID, simply by signing a form stating that he doesn't have an ID. What's your point?
    If he HAS a photo ID and signs an affidavit stating he does not is that not fraud? Given how Hay describes what he does I seriously doubt he is without photo ID...

    If you are having trouble figuring out the point go back to his originating post and follow the logic.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Correction, no fraud is committed. The rules allow signature of affidavit for 'forgotten' id's.

  8. #118
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    If he HAS a photo ID and signs an affidavit stating he does not is that not fraud? Given how Hay describes what he does I seriously doubt he is without photo ID...

    If you are having trouble figuring out the point go back to his originating post and follow the logic.
    I think the confusion is in your irrational chain of thought -- not in the thread flow. First, under the law you can have ID and still vote without showing it. You just have to indicate that you don't have it WITH you. I can't imagine that Haymarket would lie in a sworn statement for no reason, and there is no reason because this law is not objectionable.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted | wltx.com

    Remember folks, no need for something has racist, hateful and evil asking people to show ID before they vote... fraud rarely if ever happens!



    The operative word hear being 'may'.

    Most states cross check voter registration records with other records in order to minimize this sort of thing from happening.

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think the confusion is in your irrational chain of thought -- not in the thread flow. First, under the law you can have ID and still vote without showing it. You just have to indicate that you don't have it WITH you.
    Other than the snide comment, I posted that correction simultaneously.

    …and there is no reason because this law is not objectionable.
    If you have no objection to this law how is it any different than the others?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •