Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 161

Thread: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

  1. #21
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Some people are extraordinarily ignorant of the meaning of basic terms, and this is especially true among those who are motivated by a political agenda rather than any search for truth.

    A targeted assassination is not terrorism, obviously so, since to be considered terrorism, the targets need to be civilian AND RANDOM. This was not random, so it wasn't terrorism.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #22
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    It seems that people in this thread do not know what terrorism is.
    Post #19 in this thread an obvious example.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #23
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Some people are extraordinarily ignorant of the meaning of basic terms, and this is especially true among those who are motivated by a political agenda rather than any search for truth.

    A targeted assassination is not terrorism, obviously so, since to be considered terrorism, the targets need to be civilian AND RANDOM. This was not random, so it wasn't terrorism.
    using your definition then the 9/11 attack on the twin towers was not an act of terrorism as it certainly was not random
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Some people are extraordinarily ignorant of the meaning of basic terms, and this is especially true among those who are motivated by a political agenda rather than any search for truth.

    A targeted assassination is not terrorism, obviously so, since to be considered terrorism, the targets need to be civilian AND RANDOM. This was not random, so it wasn't terrorism.
    NOWHERE does it say terrorism has to be random.

  5. #25
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,960
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Post #19 in this thread an obvious example.
    Really? I don't see anything about the attack having to be random in Merriam Webster (Terrorism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary) or Oxford (Definition for terrorism - Oxford Dictionaries Online (World English)). I guess those must be wrong
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #26
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again try justifying it all you want if it makes you feel better. Al-Qaeda sure did.
    You're being extremely dishonest. I'll give you a clue. The difference here is purpose. Whomever blew up this guy didn't do it to terrify the Iranian populace and expose their ideological goals. They did it to stop the Iranian government from getting close to a nuclear bomb. The people who flew planes into the World Trade Center didn't do it to stop the US from creating bombs. They did it to terrify Americans. If we had blown up an Iranian cafe full of people who have nothing to do with the Iranian nuclear project, you'd have a point. However, this was 1. targeted and 2. concentrated.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #27
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    using your definition then the 9/11 attack on the twin towers was not an act of terrorism as it certainly was not random
    The victims were certainly random, since their identities were unknown.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again try justifying it all you want if it makes you feel better. Al-Qaeda sure did.
    This has nothing to do with al-qaeda, so you can stop that. This was not an act to cause terror, it was a targeted assassination of someone contributing to advanced the nuclear program of one of our enemies. I'm sure you don't want Iran to have a nuclear bomb, but what do you suggest to do about it? Tell them nicely not to.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're being extremely dishonest. I'll give you a clue. The difference here is purpose. Whomever blew up this guy didn't do it to terrify the Iranian populace and expose their ideological goals. They did it to stop the Iranian government from getting close to a nuclear bomb. The people who flew planes into the World Trade Center didn't do it to stop the US from creating bombs. They did it to terrify Americans. If we had blown up an Iranian cafe full of people who have nothing to do with the Iranian nuclear project, you'd have a point. However, this was 1. targeted and 2. concentrated.
    Really? You don't think it has spread terror to anyone working on a project they think the world doesn't like? Yes, it did spread terror and no I am not being dishonest comparing those that support this to Al-Qaeda.

    This is dispicable and while I don't think the U.S. had direct involvement this goes against ANYTHING American.

  10. #30
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Car bombs kill Iranian nuclear expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're being extremely dishonest. I'll give you a clue. The difference here is purpose. Whomever blew up this guy didn't do it to terrify the Iranian populace and expose their ideological goals. They did it to stop the Iranian government from getting close to a nuclear bomb. The people who flew planes into the World Trade Center didn't do it to stop the US from creating bombs. They did it to terrify Americans. If we had blown up an Iranian cafe full of people who have nothing to do with the Iranian nuclear project, you'd have a point. However, this was 1. targeted and 2. concentrated.
    Some, like yourself, are both honest and intelligent.

    As we have seen here in this thread, some aren't.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •