Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 350

Thread: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

  1. #211
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    The thing that breaks my ****ing teeth is that you "moral conservatives" are so opposed to gay marriage-- opposed to allowing homosexuals to settle down, start families and raise children like good people are supposed to do-- but when I start talking about no fault divorce being the real threat to the institution of marriage that needs to be abolish, I'm the repressive lunatic. Try to stop people from doing the wrong thing, and you're a totalitarian and a busybody; try to stop them from doing the right thing and you're "upholding the fabric of society".

    Christ, it's no wonder this country is ****ed.
    The problem is steeped in the fact that you and I know very few truly and honestly married people.

    The concept of marriage is based in religion, and it's sole reason for being is to establish a set of morals and expectations surrounding both responsible sexuality and the raising of children in a healthy environment, as its set forth by God.

    In that sense, a relatively small percentage of people enter into marriage with that kind of commitment and approach. Many just think they want to play house, or they get pregnant, or they want to secure their mate from a threatening foe, or they just do it out of convenience. There's really no "life" commitment taking place; it's more of a tryout than a promise.

    Therefore, divorce is a very real (and reassuring) option. Truly married people don't see it as an option at all.

    It's an impossible argument to make that gay marriage is about child-rearing or a religious sexual commitment. It's a deviation from both.

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's an impossible argument to make that gay marriage is about child-rearing or a religious sexual commitment. It's a deviation from both.
    Completely false, I am both religious, and plan on having a family one day, so I disprove your assertion.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #213
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Completely false, I am both religious, and plan on having a family one day, so I disprove your assertion.
    Hurrah! Good for you, YS, and God bless you and the lucky lady that you lead down the aisle.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #214
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Forgive me if I don't take lessons on philology from someone who uses a preposition as a verb.
    You mean someone who makes a typo? We all make them. There is no wit or much intelligence in pointing them out, but to make you feel happy I will be sure to point out any you make in such a way as is completely consistent with your view of them here.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 01-12-12 at 05:28 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #215
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Hurrah! Good for you, YS, and God bless you and the lucky lady that you lead down the aisle.
    Now if only I could find her
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #216
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Completely false, I am both religious, and plan on having a family one day, so I disprove your assertion.
    He should have said Christian. Religious can mean anything.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #217
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    He should have said Christian. Religious can mean anything.
    Well that's my religion so
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #218
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Forgive me if I don't take lessons on philology from someone who uses a preposition as a verb.
    I've long wished to be able to engage in auto philology, but it's too much of a reach for me and I don't have the backbone for it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #219
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The problem is steeped in the fact that you and I know very few truly and honestly married people.

    The concept of marriage is based in religion, and it's sole reason for being is to establish a set of morals and expectations surrounding both responsible sexuality and the raising of children in a healthy environment, as its set forth by God.

    In that sense, a relatively small percentage of people enter into marriage with that kind of commitment and approach. Many just think they want to play house, or they get pregnant, or they want to secure their mate from a threatening foe, or they just do it out of convenience. There's really no "life" commitment taking place; it's more of a tryout than a promise.

    Therefore, divorce is a very real (and reassuring) option. Truly married people don't see it as an option at all.

    It's an impossible argument to make that gay marriage is about child-rearing or a religious sexual commitment. It's a deviation from both.
    hmm thats an interesting OPINION and the great thing about our country is that you are allowed to have that OPINION. Whats even better is after same sex marriage becomes legal, you will still be allowed to have that opinion. This is on of the reasons why america is great.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #220
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Gay marriage a threat to humanity's future: Pope

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    You do know there are traditional Christians ways of reading and interpreting Scripture right? That these fully explain why we do not have to maintain the Jewish dietary laws but do have to keep to basic sexual morality and other such rules?
    You know, Jesus can't actually be the Messiah. From what I've heard, anyone who tries to change the laws of the Torah is a charlatan and not a Messiah.

    So if you're going to ignore some of the Torah, then why not all of it?
    Last edited by MadLib; 01-12-12 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •