Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

  1. #51
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Or, we could use something with the number of atrocities committed by the indians.
    Great point. Maybe we can have the children can add up the number of Jews that have been murdered by palestinians and russians combined.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #52
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,075

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Are you trying to be funny? Or did I hurt your feelings by referring to creationism as non-science? I can't tell.
    I could care less if you mock creationism or that you see the bible no different than a Harry Potter book. You are allowed to have your beliefs and I am allowed to have mine and we have the right mock each others beliefs(at least in this country we do).
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Great point. Maybe we can have the children can add up the number of Jews that have been murdered by palestinians and russians combined.
    Ooh! Ooh! I got one!

    If Federal troops destroyed 20 out 30 acres of crops on a Southern farm, and the family living there needed 25 acres to survive, how many are going to starve to death?

    There aren't very many history teachers that are qualified to teach history, much any math teachers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I could care less if you mock creationism or that you see the bible no different than a Harry Potter book. You are allowed to have your beliefs and I am allowed to have mine and we have the right mock each others beliefs(at least in this country we do).
    Well, there's where you're wrong. Libbos want everyone else thinking like them. Hence the indoctrination method that is the topic of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    I have not read the whole thread, but I heard about this years ago on the net. So did it just resurface again?

  6. #56
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think the teachers used very poor judgement and should be written up. Ridiculous.
    They should be asked to step down. What the hell were they thinking?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #57
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,585

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    I have not read the whole thread, but I heard about this years ago on the net. So did it just resurface again?
    Oh, so this is an old story?

    I guess someone needed an example of how silly and "liberal" our educational establishment is.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #58
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Reason #72 why teachers don't make more money than they do.

  9. #59
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    It's not offensive because of the racial connotations. It's offensive because it's just that stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Reason #72 why teachers don't make more money than they do.
    I thought teachers were all way overpaid and got out of work at 3:00pm!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #60
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,307

    Re: "If Fred Got Two Beatings a Day," Homework Asks

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Turning a math class into a “shame on America” session is the correct answer.

    Do you hate capitalism because it’s the American way or do you hate the American way because it’s based upon capitalism?
    Talkin' 'bout slavery and reminding the chilluns' that, historically, the USA politicians have made decisions that brought "shame on America," would appear to be a double educational blessing. Secondly, they are given the reality that slavery really works from the point of view of "capitalism," because we are into labor costs, competition, etc. and if those ignorant chilluns' just happens to ask questions along these lines after being exposed in Math class, that's working for me. Then the reality of how money insinuates itself into the moral fabric of our society. Hot damn y'all ah swar, those po' chilluns' gonna know sumpin." Eh?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •