Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 395

Thread: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

  1. #211
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    That link is full of misleading information. It says we are running out of places to drill and therfore looking to shale deposits. Thats not even remotly true, there are plenty of places left to drill, but the government has said no to most of them. It sites that American oil production has been on the decline since the 1970's. Conveniently around the same time the left started its crusade against oil...
    That's fairly irrelevant. Our proven reserves, discounting shale, are insufficient even if there were no limits on drilling.

  2. #212
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's fairly irrelevant. Our proven reserves, discounting shale, are insufficient even if there were no limits on drilling.
    The fact that you posted a link with misleading information is irrelevant??? Insufficient for what? If there were no limits on drilling we wouldnt need to rely on our reserves. Did you read the comments before you started posting? And why are you discounting shale when it holds the potential for trillions of barrels of oil alone?
    Last edited by Dpetty; 01-13-12 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #213
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    The fact that you posted a link with misleading information is irrelevant??? Insufficient for what? If there were no limits on drilling we wouldnt need to rely on our reserves. Did you read the comments before you started posting? And why are you discounting shale when it holds the potential for trillions of barrels of oil alone?
    It isn't misleading to distinguish between areas that can be drilled and areas that can't. And again, eve if we could drill everywhere, it would not make us energy independent. Not by a mile.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    [...] the rate at which we take it from the ground is simply dependant on the amount of holes we dig... [...]
    Please. Step away. From the Kool Aid.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    [...] You pulled that estimate out of your butt. [...]
    I was trying to help your argument with that figure, but even that escapes you

  6. #216
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I was trying to help your argument with that figure, but even that escapes you
    How is that helping my argument?

  7. #217
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Please. Step away. From the Kool Aid.
    Expound please.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    nobody ever won an argument by saying they were right over and over. This is a terrible and childish way to have a debate. (as proof, reference your future response to this comment)
    Everyone who knows the details of shale oil, and oil shale (they are not the same), already knows that I am right. A childish way to debate is to regurgitate right wing populist propaganda and then evade technical questions that would disprove their claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    We have already shown that there is enough oil in the United States to provide for our current and future projected oil consumption for hundreds of years.
    That is a claim borne of delusion.... which is one reason you can only mindlessly (childishly?) repeat it, over and over, instead of providing facts and figures to prove it.

    How much of your treasure trove of oil can you get out of the ground, suitable for refining, measured in barrels per day?

  9. #219
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It isn't misleading to distinguish between areas that can be drilled and areas that can't. And again, eve if we could drill everywhere, it would not make us energy independent. Not by a mile.
    Im not sure why you say it wouldnt, because we deffinatly could, but even for arguments sake, is it not in our best interest to become as energy independent as possible?

  10. #220
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Im not sure why you say it wouldnt, because we deffinatly could, but even for arguments sake, is it not in our best interest to become as energy independent as possible?
    No, it is not in our best interest to become as energy independent as possible to the exclusion of all other considerations.

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •