Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 395

Thread: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

  1. #201
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I'm waiting on you.

    I'd suggest you start with estimated production figures of refineable crude from the fields you mention, in bbls per day, vs. current crude importation levels (also in BPD).

    However, I must warn you -- Kool Aid withdrawal may not be pleasant


    P.S. Assume a sale price of $200/bbl if you think that will help the estimated production figures.
    Where are you getting these numbers from??? You are trying to tell me that it is cheaper to have a super tanker haul crude oil across the ocean to be refined here in America, than it is to take oil already found in America and refine it in those same refineries? Granted if we were to switch to American oil only, there would need to be added infrastructure but that would happen almost overnight and would not prevent us from being completely self sufficient.
    If you are referring to the estimated production figures for existing and operating oil fields then i agree, its not currently enough to supply our demand, but that is because we are importing so much unrefined from overseas. That’s why i want to drill MORE oil fields~! Drill Drill Drill!

  2. #202
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I'm waiting on you.

    I'd suggest you start with estimated production figures of refineable crude from the fields you mention, in bbls per day, vs. current crude importation levels (also in BPD).

    However, I must warn you -- Kool Aid withdrawal may not be pleasant


    P.S. Assume a sale price of $200/bbl if you think that will help the estimated production figures.
    While oil shale is found in many places worldwide, by far the largest deposits in the world are found in the United States in the Green River Formation, which covers portions of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Estimates of the oil resource in place within the Green River Formation range from 1.2 to 1.8 trillion barrels. Not all resources in place are recoverable; however, even a moderate estimate of 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from oil shale in the Green River Formation is three times greater than the proven oil reserves of Saudi Arabia. Present U.S. demand for petroleum products is about 20 million barrels per day. If oil shale could be used to meet a quarter of that demand, the estimated 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from the Green River Formation would last for more than 400 years.
    About Oil Shale

    Production of oil from shale is currently around $60/bll

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #203
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    About Oil Shale

    Production of oil from shale is currently around $60/bll
    So, you think that is an answer to this question?

    estimated production figures of refineable crude from the fields you mention, in bbls per day

  4. #204
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So, you think that is an answer to this question?
    Isnt that we have been saying??

  5. #205
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers from???
    What numbers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    You are trying to tell me that it is cheaper to have a super tanker haul crude oil across the ocean to be refined here in America, than it is to take oil already found in America and refine it in those same refineries?
    I'm trying to tell you that you are going to lose your argument (despite how many strawmen you introduce in lieu of providing the data requested).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    If you are referring to the estimated production figures for existing and operating oil fields then i agree, its not currently enough to supply our demand, but that is because we are importing so much unrefined from overseas. [...]
    Let's say it became illegal to import oil. Could your domestic sources then provide enough (at current consumption rates)? If so, please explain how. I'll accept engineering studies (but not magic or supposed future inventions).

  6. #206
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Isnt that we have been saying??
    The evidence is that you have no idea what you're saying...

    I asked for production in barrels per day, and 'your' answer is cost per barrel?
    Last edited by Karl; 01-13-12 at 11:33 AM.

  7. #207
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The evidence is that you have no idea what you're saying...

    I asked for production in barrels per day, and 'your' answer is cost per barrel?
    Again, are you asking for current production? It would be difficult to give you possible projected Barrels per day because that would depend on how many fields were established (regulated by the government)... There are to many variables to give an acurate estimate. The oil is there, thats already been established, the rate at which we take it from the ground is simply dependant on the amount of holes we dig... And i never gave you an estimated cost per barrel.

  8. #208
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    What numbers?
    forget so quickly? These numbers!

    Assume a sale price of $200/bbl if you think that will help the estimated production figures.
    You pulled that estimate out of your butt.

    I'm trying to tell you that you are going to lose your argument (despite how many strawmen you introduce in lieu of providing the data requested).
    nobody ever won an argument by saying they were right over and over. This is a terrible and childish way to have a debate. (as proof, reference your future response to this comment)


    Let's say it became illegal to import oil. Could your domestic sources then provide enough (at current consumption rates)? If so, please explain how. I'll accept engineering studies (but not magic or supposed future inventions).
    We have already shown that there is enough oil in the United States to provide for our current and future projected oil consumption for hundreds of years. Trillions and trillions of barrels... As i said we would need to increase our infrastructure to make up for the oil that is no longer coming from overseas, but we could more that provide for ourselves... I really dont see where your going with this argument. No one has ever claimed we didnt have enough oil here, they just dont want us to use it for some reason...

  9. #209
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    About Oil Shale

    Production of oil from shale is currently around $60/bll
    The Oil Drum | Is "shale oil" the answer to "peak oil"?

  10. #210
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: PetroChina buys entire Alberta oilsands project

    That link is full of misleading information. It says we are running out of places to drill and therfore looking to shale deposits. Thats not even remotly true, there are plenty of places left to drill, but the government has said no to most of them. It sites that American oil production has been on the decline since the 1970's. Conveniently around the same time the left started its crusade against oil...

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •