Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 796

Thread: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

  1. #731
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Since the claim is a breach of separation of powers, I should think that standing would be no problem. It shouldn't be a bar if a Senator or group of Senators wants to challenge it.

    Politicians tend to think in terms of gain for their political careers, while businessmen will absolutely file suit the minute some dictate from this board threatens their business.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #732
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Absolutely. That is correct. However, too bad for you that Article 1 Section 5 comes first....The Senate was not in recess.

    j-mac
    Oh yes how could i forget about efficiency of a government? I mean look at the number the repubs left 74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor and an additional 107 bottled up in committees.
    That pro forma Senate session was not legitimate and you know it. It was nothing more than just smoke and mirrors to stop Obama...


  3. #733
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Oh yes how could i forget about efficiency of a government? I mean look at the number the repubs left 74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor and an additional 107 bottled up in committees.
    That pro forma Senate session was not legitimate and you know it. It was nothing more than just smoke and mirrors to stop Obama...
    Believe those "smoke and mirrors" were created a few years ago by Reid.

    And pretty sure he didn't do it to stop Obama.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #734
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Believe those "smoke and mirrors" were created a few years ago by Reid.

    And pretty sure he didn't do it to stop Obama.....
    And i tell you what i disagree with Reid on that move in 07.


  5. #735
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    And i tell you what i disagree with Reid on that move in 07.

    So what. No way to prove that in the slightest, and your word on the matter is questionable. However, you don't get to just ignore the rules when it is convenient for you. If Obama wanted to change that aspect then Reid, whom I assume is still a demo, should have changed them to clear that path. But the fact of the matter is that Obama is willing to provoke a Constitutional Crisis in order to benefit his campaign...And demo's, libs, and socialist progressives cheer him on.

    pathetic.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #736
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So what.
    Then why did you bring it up?

    No way to prove that in the slightest, and your word on the matter is questionable.
    Ok.....

    However, you don't get to just ignore the rules when it is convenient for you.
    Ok.
    What other point was the senate using a pro forma Senate?
    74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor!
    Whats the point?

    Oh yea the republicans #1 job is to make Obama suffer and not let our government work...


    If Obama wanted to change that aspect then Reid, whom I assume is still a demo, should have changed them to clear that path.
    What does Reid have anything to do with this?

    But the fact of the matter is that Obama is willing to provoke a Constitutional Crisis in order to benefit his campaign..
    A constitutional crisis? Really?
    I think Jon Stewart brings this on the best: Commission: Impossible - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/05/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

    .And demo's, libs, and socialist progressives cheer him on.

    pathetic.

    j-mac
    Ahh yes we are in cahoots!


  7. #737
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ok.
    What other point was the senate using a pro forma Senate?
    74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor!
    Whats the point?

    I don't know, ask Harry Reid.

    Oh yea the republicans #1 job is to make Obama suffer and not let our government work...
    Oh Boo freakin' Hoo...Cry me a river...Like you progressive hacks made anything easy on republicans.

    What does Reid have anything to do with this?
    Majority Leader sets the agenda...Good Grief, you lefties all of the sudden forget how things work?

    A constitutional crisis? Really?
    I think Jon Stewart brings this on the best
    Liebowitz is a satirist, funny at times, but a liberal hack, so why should I care what he says.

    Ahh yes we are in cahoots!
    No, just useful idiots.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #738
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Oh yes how could i forget about efficiency of a government? I mean look at the number the repubs left 74 nominees pending consideration on the Senate floor and an additional 107 bottled up in committees.
    That pro forma Senate session was not legitimate and you know it. It was nothing more than just smoke and mirrors to stop Obama...
    *cough* Dems control the Senate.

  9. #739
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    *cough* Dems control the Senate.
    *cough* Google "secret hold" *cough*

  10. #740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So what. No way to prove that in the slightest, and your word on the matter is questionable. However, you don't get to just ignore the rules when it is convenient for you. If Obama wanted to change that aspect then Reid, whom I assume is still a demo, should have changed them to clear that path. But the fact of the matter is that Obama is willing to provoke a Constitutional Crisis in order to benefit his campaign...And demo's, libs, and socialist progressives cheer him on.

    pathetic.

    j-mac
    And I'll repeat the same the conservatives said to the Dems when the Dems said Bush got us into an illegal war in Iraq. If you all think it was illegal, impeach him. Oh wait, that's because it ISN'T illegal.

    While I don't agree with Obama doing this, the way the GOP was handling it was truly pathetic.

    Face it, what Obama did was not unconsitutional and it wasn't illegal.

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •