Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 796

Thread: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

  1. #671
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Isnt this totally constitutional?


  2. #672
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The twenty percent? Oh right, the minority, **** them.
    You're arguing that 20% of the people should get their way over the other 80%? WTF do you think this is, a dictatorship?

  3. #673
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Obama used his constitutional legal powers to make this appointment...


  4. #674
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're arguing that 20% of the people should get their way over the other 80%? WTF do you think this is, a dictatorship?
    A republic protects the rights of all. You are asking that a group of people give up rights for your calls and pays for those calls to boot.

  5. #675
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,872

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A republic protects the rights of all.
    And that is exactly what our government is doing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #676
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    A huge majority of Americans -- including a majority of REPUBLICANS -- supported the CFPB. Kinda makes you wonder who the Republicans in Congress were representing there, doesn't it?

    Well, see it is among the favorite tricks of the libs. Name something like the CFPB a "Protection board" then wait and see if anyone actually reads the bill. Guess what, they did, and when Obama tasked Elizabeth Warren to set it up, and she in true Marxist fashion started signaling that she wanted to raid peoples 401Ks, clear minded people woke up, and put the breaks on it thank God.

    Now, if the Plan was to go after things like Payday loans, and Title loans, things that actually are predatory by their very business model then I am all for it, but see, Obama can't be honest, and neither can you libs. You all just can't help yourselves from over reaching and trying to slip in Marxist trash while you lie to the people.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #677
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Obama used his constitutional legal powers to make this appointment...
    Wrong, he violated them.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #678
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Isnt this totally constitutional?
    No it isn't.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #679
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A republic protects the rights of all. You are asking that a group of people give up rights for your calls and pays for those calls to boot.
    WTH are you talking about? That's the whole purpose of the CFPB- to protect people's rights... Whose rights are being given up? The banks' right to defraud people?

  10. #680
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wrong, he violated them.

    j-mac
    Uhhh noo....

    Article 2 Section 2

    The President shall have power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.


Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •