Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 796

Thread: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Soon he will appoint himself Dictator
    He is sure aiming in that direction, to the extent that such can be managed here in our eroding Republic. So long as he has his cabal of willing lemmings, who don't mind a ring in their nose with a rope attached, and that can find a gubmit teat to suck on, he will have his support.

    "From my cold dead hands" is all I have to say.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 01-05-12 at 11:03 PM.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by coolwalker View Post
    Should we start calling him King Barack?
    I prefer the one term Marxist president Barack Hussein Obama.

    I think he would be more comfortable with the title of Emperor and Dictator for life.

    But I could be mistaken.

  3. #333
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Everyone better keep a close eye on those 401Ks...Obama and gang have had their eyes on them since they came to DC...This Unconstitutional, Illegal appointment may just be the in they need to get their hands on them.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #334
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    The position in question isnt a cabinet position. It is a position created by the legislature. It is specific in it declares that the chairman must be approved by congress. That differs from the cabinet level positions. Secondly there are not as many oversight provisions in the agency as there are in Cabinet level positions. There is quite a lot of undefined gray area in this bill and this agency. Obama's decision to skirt the law process and make a recess appointment wherein there is no provision for one taints the objectives of the agency. Poison pill action so to speak.

  5. #335
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Legislation doesn't have to provide for recess appointments. It's the default behavior.

  6. #336
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    He is sure aiming in that direction, to the extent that such can be managed here in our eroding Republic. So long as he has his cabal of willing lemmings, who don't mind a ring in their nose with a rope attached, and that can find a gubmit teat to suck on, he will have his support.

    "From my cold dead hands" is all I have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Soon he will appoint himself Dictator
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Everyone better keep a close eye on those 401Ks...Obama and gang have had their eyes on them since they came to DC...This Unconstitutional, Illegal appointment may just be the in they need to get their hands on them.
    I have a question for you kids. You make insane paranoid conspiracy theory predictions like this constantly. Many times a year. None of them ever turn out that way. Doesn't that ever make you consider the possibility that something is wrong with your analysis?
    Last edited by teamosil; 01-05-12 at 11:23 PM.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Legislation doesn't have to provide for recess appointments. It's the default behavior.
    Except when the legislation specifically identifies a process to be followed. And which was voted on by the Legislative, and signed by the Executive, only to then be ignored when the Legislative used its recognized protocols to compel a political compromise on further issues of contention, primarily due ot a huge swing in a mid-term election.

    All of which is valid. Its your incompetent Obama who could not make the political adjustments. He's no Reagan. He's no Clinton. He might not even be on a level with Alfred E. Neuman at this point.

  8. #338
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Incorrect. Those are cabinet positions, but more importantly, none are funded by the Federal Reserve.
    Negative - the new consumer department is directly funded by the Fed Reserve.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I have a question for you kids. You make insane paranoid conspiracy theory predictions like this constantly. Many times a year. None of them ever turn out that way. Doesn't that ever make you consider the possibility that something is wrong with your analysis?
    I got your "kid" right here .. yeah, bend down .. right there.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Negative - the new consumer department is directly funded by the Fed Reserve.
    You read it wrong., I was stating that Cabinet positions were different in that none of the Cabinet positions were funded by teeh FR, while this new department is. Read a little more before you post. It is well addressed in other posts.

Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •