Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 796

Thread: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

  1. #191
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Do we really need a second thread when there is an earlier one covering exactly the same topic?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...nal-fight.html

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Do you have proof it was racial? Did you get a recording of the GOP in session going "we ain't gonna let this n***er pass anything."?

    If not, you have no proof of discrimination. Face facts and take a look at all the GOP candidates. None of this was racial in anyway.

    There are more things to ding the GOP on, but racial discrimination is not one of them.
    Have you looked at the current GOP candidates?. All lily white men. Your point is?

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Obama is also the only President to serve when the minority party has filibustered virtually every major bill and appointment, which destroys your argument.

    Again, do you not understand the effect of a super-majority in the Senate ?

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Have you looked at the current GOP candidates?. All lily white men. Your point is?
    so because they are white, that makes them automatically racist? Are you kidding me?

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    so because they are white, that makes them automatically racist? Are you kidding me?
    I said what Congress is doing is discriminating against the current President by trying to deny him the same rights as other WHITE Presidents before him. You say it isn't because of his race anf I disagree.
    Why are you so sure the reason isn't racist? What other reason can you give for his "special" treatment?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What other reason can you give for his "special" treatment?
    Because they don't like his policy and don't want a director in there, they want a board. So therefore they are going to do everything they can to prevent it, including stupid parlor tricks.

    There is a SANE and LOGICAL reason that has nothing to do with racial discrimination. Now, I may not agree with the GOP doing this, but it isn't racial.

  7. #197
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I said what Congress is doing is discriminating against the current President by trying to deny him the same rights as other WHITE Presidents before him. You say it isn't because of his race anf I disagree.
    Why are you so sure the reason isn't racist? What other reason can you give for his "special" treatment?
    I would like to point out....the last time we had a Congress this Conservative with a Liberal President they impeached him. Just sayin, if anything the Conservatives in this country have went from respectable to batshi* crazy. I don't think it's race.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    The Senate has the power to throw out recess appointments? Where do they derive this power from?
    they have no such power.

  9. #199
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The GOP would oppose any & all appointments to this position, cause they are all cranky about the agency being created. With those kinds of games going on, Obama has every right to do what he did.The democratic way to oppose a new agency, is to vote it out of existence or defund it. But if you don't have the votes to do that, then your **** out of luck.
    Believe the jury is still out on that one. Am guessing it will be the courts who decide if Obama has such rights.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because they don't like his policy and don't want a director in there, they want a board. So therefore they are going to do everything they can to prevent it, including stupid parlor tricks.

    There is a SANE and LOGICAL reason that has nothing to do with racial discrimination. Now, I may not agree with the GOP doing this, but it isn't racial.
    I'm pretty sure that other Presidents have made appointments the opposition didn't like. My point is that they think they can get away with these "parlor tricks" because in their eyes, Obama is not white enough to be President. It is part of a pattern that has been going on since his 1st State of the Union address. I am sick of it and someone needs to call them on it.

Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •