Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 796

Thread: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

  1. #181
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    I'm not complaining one bit. The next President gets to use and abuse this option now. Its all good.
    Big whoop. You make it sound like he's all powerful now by being able to do something.....that he could virtually always do.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And what compromise is the other side (the GOP) willing to undertake besides an all out abolishing of the department that Obama is trying to appoint a director to? That's the problem, YOUR SIDE has already said it is NOT going to compromise or work together with Obama.
    It has been linked many times. Again, you should read. The GOP was in no way calling for the abolishment of the Department. It was actually the GOP that was calling for more oversight, and less power concentrated in only one person. This guy is now a czar, outside of the oversight of our elected Reps. Non-transparent.

    For folks who think that Government is the problem, it just got worse. We just gave government more power, with less oversight, and we are supposed to trust this why ? Because government can be trusted ? The same people who say that government croneyism is the problem just empowered more croneyism.

  3. #183
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Big whoop. You make it sound like he's all powerful now by being able to do something.....that he could virtually always do.
    Glad you agree.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yawn, This President has made less recess appointments than any other in modern history. It's just another attempt to discriminate against Obama because he is black.
    They aren't discriminating because he is black, they are doing this because they don't like his decisions.

    Not saying what the Republicans did was right (it was wrong), but it wasn't racial discrimination in anyway.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yawn, This President has made less recess appointments than any other in modern history. It's just another attempt to discriminate against Obama because he is black.

    Your graph is already posted twice in the thread, for those who read. Obama is the only President above to have served with a super-majority Senate. That is why the lack of a need for Recess Appointments.

  6. #186
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama defies Congress with ‘recess’ picks

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    never said this was a power grab.

    What Obama did is not a right, it is a power. He has the power to do recess appointments, and the senate has the power to throw them out when they reconvene.

    That is why it is ok in what he did. The nonsense about extreme circumstances is idiotic though. They rightly have the power to reject his choices, no sense crying about it.

    The Senate has the power to throw out recess appointments? Where do they derive this power from?
    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  7. #187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    They aren't discriminating because he is black, they are doing this because they don't like his decisions.

    Not saying what the Republicans did was right (it was wrong), but it wasn't racial discrimination in anyway.
    How do you know it isn't racial? It is definietly discrimination to deny him the right to do what al others have done before him.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Your graph is already posted twice in the thread, for those who read. Obama is the only President above to have served with a super-majority Senate. That is why the lack of a need for Recess Appointments.
    Huh? 2 weeks with a super majority makes the difference? What utter nonsense.

  9. #189
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Your graph is already posted twice in the thread, for those who read. Obama is the only President above to have served with a super-majority Senate. That is why the lack of a need for Recess Appointments.
    Obama is also the only President to serve when the minority party has filibustered virtually every major bill and appointment, which destroys your argument.


  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Defies Congress With ‘Recess’ Picks. Could Provoke Constitutional Fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    How do you know it isn't racial? It is definietly discrimination to deny him the right to do what al others have done before him.
    Do you have proof it was racial? Did you get a recording of the GOP in session going "we ain't gonna let this n***er pass anything."?

    If not, you have no proof of discrimination. Face facts and take a look at all the GOP candidates. None of this was racial in anyway.

    There are more things to ding the GOP on, but racial discrimination is not one of them.

Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •