Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 163

Thread: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

  1. #131
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    The problem being that in our modern society, the majority of people do not have the fortitude to use a weapon. The fact that we have separate military and police does not excuse the fact that so many people are unprepared, both physically and psychologically, to defend themselves and others; it is in fact wholly inexcusable that we have allowed ourselves, as a society, to grow so soft.

  2. #132
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    The problem being that in our modern society, the majority of people do not have the fortitude to use a weapon. The fact that we have separate military and police does not excuse the fact that so many people are unprepared, both physically and psychologically, to defend themselves and others; it is in fact wholly inexcusable that we have allowed ourselves, as a society, to grow so soft.
    I don't see anything wrong with someone not having the fortitude. They have their way, I have mine.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with someone not having the fortitude. They have their way, I have mine.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

    What's your way?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with someone not having the fortitude. They have their way, I have mine.
    If someone does not have the fortitude to use a weapon, then they are incapable of upholding their moral obligation to their families and their nation to defend them. These obligations are universal regardless of the existence of people whose full-time job is to provide for that defense.

  5. #135
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    If someone does not have the fortitude to use a weapon, then they are incapable of upholding their moral obligation to their families and their nation to defend them. These obligations are universal regardless of the existence of people whose full-time job is to provide for that defense.
    Assuming that using a weapon is the only way, which isn't the case. People can defend both the nation and their family without ever picking up a gun.

    Also, my way is irrelevant.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Hail to the King baby!

  6. #136
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    I love these "feel good" stories. This kid was going nowhere in a hurry.

  7. #137
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Also, my way is irrelevant.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

    :ROFL: Yeah, ok there....I am sure it's a doozy....So menacing that you don't even want to reveal what the plan would be....heh, heh....



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #138
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    :ROFL: Yeah, ok there....I am sure it's a doozy....So menacing that you don't even want to reveal what the plan would be....heh, heh....



    j-mac
    Don't be dumb, it doesn't help your argument any. I work hard and make money so I can have home in a nice neighborhood with a good security system.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Hail to the King baby!

  9. #139
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    The problem being that in our modern society, the majority of people do not have the fortitude to use a weapon. The fact that we have separate military and police does not excuse the fact that so many people are unprepared, both physically and psychologically, to defend themselves and others; it is in fact wholly inexcusable that we have allowed ourselves, as a society, to grow so soft.
    Quoted because it really needs to be said again, and emphasized.

    So many ills in our society today are a direct consequence of this cowardice and infortitude on the part of far too many Americans. We've let our government become our master rather than our servant, because we've become a nation of submissive cowards.

    I think that the great men who founded this nation would be deeply ashamed of what we have allowed it and ourselves to become.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #140
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Police kill armed eighth-grader in Texas school

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with someone not having the fortitude. They have their way, I have mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What's your way?
    A white flag.

    frenchy.jpg
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •