Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is feared

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is feared

    Higher-ups within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are pressuring rank-and-file officers to rubber-stamp immigrants’ visa applications, sometimes against the officers’ will, according to a Homeland Security report and internal documents exclusively obtained by The Daily.

    A 40-page report, drafted by the Office of Inspector General in September but not publicly released, details the immense pressure immigration service officers are under to approve visa applications quickly, sometimes while overlooking concerns about fraud, eligibility or security.

    One-quarter of the 254 officers surveyed said they have been pressured to approve questionable cases, sometimes “against their will.”

    The report does not call out any particular officials and indicates that the agency has had a problem with valuing quantity over quality since at least the 1980s.

    But high-ranking USCIS officials said the pressure has heightened after the Obama administration appointed Alejandro Mayorkas as director in August 2009 during an effort to pass comprehensive immigration reform, bringing with him a mantra of “get to yes.”

    Internal communications provided to The Daily indicate that the new leadership seemed to fundamentally clash with career agency employees over when to afford the benefit of the doubt, culminating in a whistle-blower investigation into a senior appointee and, ultimately, the agency-wide inspector general inquiry that produced the report.

    “We recognize their right to interpret things as liberally as possible, but you still have to follow the law,” said one high-ranking official who was unhappy with the current push.

    At least five agency veterans seen as being too tough on applicants were either demoted, or given the choice between a demotion or a relocation from Southern California — where their families were — to San Francisco and Nebraska, according to sources and letters of reassignment provided to The Daily.

    Those kind of threats have caused lower-level employees to fall in line, sources said.

    The Daily Exclusive: RUBBER STAMP - WWW.THEDAILY.COM
    The Thugocracy continues.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    I wonder if people realize there are 4 billion people just ready and willing to immigrate here at a moment's notice, at the drop of a hat; say the word and they will come.

  3. #3
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The Thugocracy continues.


    j-mac
    yes, G-d damn that Obama administration!!!!
    just look at what the cited article tells us:
    ... Nevertheless, USCIS approved 86 percent of the 3.9 million immigration cases it reviewed between October 2008 and October 2009 — a 4 percent drop from the year before, according to the most recent data provided to The Daily. ...
    the dicknbush regime approved 90% of the applications and Obama's administration is allowing fewer applicants to immigrate whe compared to that previous regime

    nevermind, the facts of the OP's cite refute the OP's conclusion
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #4
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, G-d damn that Obama administration!!!!
    just look at what the cited article tells us:

    the dicknbush regime approved 90% of the applications and Obama's administration is allowing fewer applicants to immigrate whe compared to that previous regime

    nevermind, the facts of the OP's cite refute the OP's conclusion

    So, what would you say is the reason for the recent push, involving threats against those not approving enough, and willingness to allow those in that shouldn't be here?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #5
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, what would you say is the reason for the recent push, involving threats against those not approving enough, and willingness to allow those in that shouldn't be here?

    j-mac
    what i would say is the facts indicate the Obama administration is actually approving a smaller percentage of applicants than was true of its predecessor regime
    that would indicate to me (who believes 90% is more than 86%) that the Obama administration is being MORE restrictive than the political appointees enforcing immigration laws during the dicknbush regime
    now, it may be a valid argument that that the Obama administration is not yet being sufficiently restrictive/thorough ... but the reality is that the OP's premise that the Obama administration is being more lax than before in the processing of these immigration applications is patently untrue

    but i did enjoy the laugh provided by the OP hoist by his own petard
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #6
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, G-d damn that Obama administration!!!!
    just look at what the cited article tells us:

    the dicknbush regime approved 90% of the applications and Obama's administration is allowing fewer applicants to immigrate whe compared to that previous regime

    nevermind, the facts of the OP's cite refute the OP's conclusion
    Red herring. The data you cite is for the period ending October 2009, and the current administrator has been in office only since August 2009, so he cannot take credit for the 86% number. Regardless, the IT inspector's report was completed in September 2011, so the 2009 statistics are meaningless in this case.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #7
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what i would say is the facts indicate the Obama administration is actually approving a smaller percentage of applicants than was true of its predecessor regime
    that would indicate to me (who believes 90% is more than 86%) that the Obama administration is being MORE restrictive than the political appointees enforcing immigration laws during the dicknbush regime
    now, it may be a valid argument that that the Obama administration is not yet being sufficiently restrictive/thorough ... but the reality is that the OP's premise that the Obama administration is being more lax than before in the processing of these immigration applications is patently untrue

    but i did enjoy the laugh provided by the OP hoist by his own petard

    Is the best that Obama supporters can do is to continually compare Obama to Bush?

    I thought I was clear in that I was concerned in the manner in which the current administration was pushing for these applications being approved, even if they don't merit approval...But that's ok because Obama's numbers are different than Bush's....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #8
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is the best that Obama supporters can do is to continually compare Obama to Bush?

    I thought I was clear in that I was concerned in the manner in which the current administration was pushing for these applications being approved, even if they don't merit approval...But that's ok because Obama's numbers are different than Bush's....

    j-mac
    let's see the point you were feebly trying to make within the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The Thugocracy continues.


    j-mac
    notice that it was YOU who was making the comparison between the results of the Obama administration and the dicknbush regime
    problem - at least for you - is that the cite you provided documented for anyone who can do basic math that the Obama administration is actually doing a better job ferreting out undesirable prospective immigrants than its predecessor regime accomplished
    proving the exact opposite of what your OP intended
    thanks again for the laugh
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's see the point you were feebly trying to make within the OP:

    notice that it was YOU who was making the comparison between the results of the Obama administration and the dicknbush regime
    problem - at least for you - is that the cite you provided documented for anyone who can do basic math that the Obama administration is actually doing a better job ferreting out undesirable prospective immigrants than its predecessor regime accomplished
    proving the exact opposite of what your OP intended
    thanks again for the laugh
    I said "the Thugocracy continues".... Show me in that statement where I mentioned anything, anything at all....just show me where Bush is mentioned, compared, or brought up in any fashion.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Probe reveals feds pressuring agents to rush immigrant visas even if fraud is fe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I said "the Thugocracy continues".... Show me in that statement where I mentioned anything, anything at all....just show me where Bush is mentioned, compared, or brought up in any fashion.

    j-mac
    pity you will not allow yourself to recognize that progress has been demonstrated by the current administration when compared to the former regime, relative to excluding undesirable immigration prospects

    the appropriate assessment would be that this aspect of the immigration problem has somewhat abated on Obama's watch ... but you instead chose to ignore the advances and pretend the problem "continues", while ignoring the facts [no surprise there]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •