Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 112

Thread: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    There has been NO pass on Buddhism. What gives you that idea? I would recommend you consider the history of Tibet.
    China persecutes Buddhism quite actively, especially Buddhist monks who are Tibetan and more likely to incite revolt.
    I think digs may have been meaning Confucianism, but then again, it's more of an ideology than a religion
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  2. #62
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're a Muslim? If not, then I think you're telling a story, because Muslims don't allow, "infidels", in a mosque.
    I am not Muslim yet I have been in a Mosque (one in a suburb of Ji'nan, Shandong) in fact... very nice people...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #63
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I travel to Malaysia often. They are our neighbour. They are a muslim country and quite moderate but 2 of the states practice Shariah Law and they are a progressive nation.
    Malaysia is progressive? You mean a state where it is illegal to convert out of Islam and prohibited Christians from using the Malay word for God in its publications is moderate and progressive? Interesting...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #64
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    China is not known for their religious tolerance or respect for faith. The state ideology is atheism and to be a member of the communist party you must be an atheist. They attack Christians, Muslims and other faiths (with a pass on Buddhism to some degree due to cultural influences). I think the Chinese government views religion as a competitor for power and thus tramples on human rights.
    Depends on the Buddhist group in question... get too organized and they crack down on you...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #65
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Malaysia is progressive? You mean a state where it is illegal to convert out of Islam and prohibited Christians from using the Malay word for God in its publications is moderate and progressive? Interesting...
    I know abt that. This is sensitive topic and emotions run high.

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, they do. You will have to ask ahead of time for an invite. You have no idea what you are talking about. Muslims are generally quite open to inviting others to see. Let me guess, you haven't tried have you?
    That was my experience in America, but not in other countries.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I know abt that. This is sensitive topic and emotions run high.
    Not telling the truth doesn't help the situation either but many like yourself seem to feel that we can pretend our way
    out of these problems.

  8. #68
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not telling the truth doesn't help the situation either but many like yourself seem to feel that we can pretend our way
    out of these problems.
    Respect your opinion. Try living in a country where you are one of the 10% minority and the other 90% are muslims.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    That was my experience in America, but not in other countries.
    There are other countries in which the Muslims do allow it as well. Not all mind you of course, but apdst claimed that a non-Muslim cannot enter in a Mosque which is simply untrue. That is what I am mainly responding to.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Respect your opinion. Try living in a country where you are one of the 10% minority and the other 90% are muslims.
    The difference in numbers doesnt have to be that great before the problems begin,

    We're already aware, or should be, of what Muslims in the Middle East are doing to Christians and Jews so it is not a surprise that they will carry on their Islamification in other countries (such as Nigeria) as well.

    It is better to listen to what the Islamic leaders themselves are saying rather than making false claims about them being "moderate" or "progressive".

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •