Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 112

Thread: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I am not reaching at all. What I said remains true. I just asked you for data to support your claim and you deflect....typical. Theocracies are the problem. Those who grow up in environments of religious freedom tend to realize a lot more religious tolerance than those brought up in theocracy. Theocracies are the problem. You wanted to say that Norway has a problem with Muslims and is not a theocracy. It's not, but the Muslims you are talking about are those raised in theocracies and immigrating elsewhere. So my point stands. You can deflect all you want, it's typical of your debate style. But it doesn't go against what I had initially claimed.

    Ok, I think you are now saying something different here, than when you said:


    ...Muslims co-exist very peacefully with others. It's the theocracies which really cause the problems.
    See, I read this as you saying that the problem with the current perception of Muslims was not their fault but in those places that they lived that were non Islamic places, and that they see them as theocracies. Maybe I'm wrong in my reading of what you said, but it just seems that now you are shifting what you originally meant.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I think you are now saying something different here, than when you said:




    See, I read this as you saying that the problem with the current perception of Muslims was not their fault but in those places that they lived that were non Islamic places, and that they see them as theocracies. Maybe I'm wrong in my reading of what you said, but it just seems that now you are shifting what you originally meant.


    j-mac
    No, I'm not shifting what I said. Theocracies are the main problem. People raised in religious intolerance tend to go on with that intolerance. Others raised in religious tolerance tend to go on with that tolerance. In many of the secular governments, such as the US, there is an idealism of religious freedom. Here you don't see the overall aggressive and violent behavior in American Muslims that you may see from those brought up in the Middle East where religious law is typically entrenched into government law. Additionally it appears that those brought up in religiously intolerant areas also seem to fight against assimilation into new societies when they immigrate. Which is really what a lot of Europe is starting to see as Muslims immigrate to those countries on larger scales. Theocracy is toxic to freedom.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I'm not shifting what I said. Theocracies are the main problem. People raised in religious intolerance tend to go on with that intolerance. Others raised in religious tolerance tend to go on with that tolerance. In many of the secular governments, such as the US, there is an idealism of religious freedom. Here you don't see the overall aggressive and violent behavior in American Muslims that you may see from those brought up in the Middle East where religious law is typically entrenched into government law. Additionally it appears that those brought up in religiously intolerant areas also seem to fight against assimilation into new societies when they immigrate. Which is really what a lot of Europe is starting to see as Muslims immigrate to those countries on larger scales. Theocracy is toxic to freedom.

    then I clearly misread what you were saying. And I apologize. Thank you for clearing that up.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #44
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Mooslems versus commies - rightwing heads are exploding!
    Why does one have to take a side? Seems to me from a 'right wing' perspective, they couldnt give a **** less and would be pleased to see them tear each other apart. The difficulty would be from a left wingers perspective...hell...who do you support in THIS mess??? I mean...as long as you are making this a 'wing' thing...

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    China is not known for their religious tolerance or respect for faith. The state ideology is atheism and to be a member of the communist party you must be an atheist. They attack Christians, Muslims and other faiths (with a pass on Buddhism to some degree due to cultural influences). I think the Chinese government views religion as a competitor for power and thus tramples on human rights.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Communism I believe is always atheist in nature.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Communism I believe is always atheist in nature.

    j-mac
    Naaa.. Marxian communism is. But there is many forms of religious communism.


  8. #48
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Communism I believe is always atheist in nature.

    j-mac
    No, it's anti-theists in nature due to the State's desire to stamp out anything which could challenge its power, even gods. Anti-theocracies are just as dangerous as theocracies. Secular is what you need. Freedom of religion is a basic right and needs to be recognized by the State.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #49
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Naaa.. Marxian communism is. But there is many forms of religious communism.
    Ok, to tell the truth I am not sure, and don't know enough about it to say, so I defer to your understanding on that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #50
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    I am slamming the mosque attack in New York just a couple of days ago.

    Shocking New York mosque arson attack caught on camera

    Shocking New York mosque arson attack caught on camera - YouTube

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •