Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112

Thread: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

  1. #101
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Hey friend, I haven't seen you in awhile, how have you been?
    Fine... just really busy...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, it's not safe to say that. Plenty of people don't say it that way, and many actually mean all Muslims.
    I have never heard anyone make the claim that ALL Muslims are terrorists. Have you?

    If so, where did you read or hear it?

    When you are quite certain that see anyone making the claim that ALL Musims are any one thing then perhaps you can respond. Otherwise you are just taking up unnecessary space.

  3. #103
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I have never heard anyone make the claim that ALL Muslims are terrorists. Have you?

    If so, where did you read or hear it?

    When you are quite certain that see anyone making the claim that ALL Musims are any one thing then perhaps you can respond. Otherwise you are just taking up unnecessary space.
    You can't be serious.

    Maybe nobody said that exactly, or something like it (such as "Islam is a violent religion" or "most Muslims are terrorists or support terrorism" etc., on this thread. Maybe not even on this forum (but I'll bet I could find it).

    But surely your not saying that people aren't saying stuff like that out in the world, or on the Internet, are you? "All Muslims are ______"? You've never seen that phrase, or seen people say things that add up to that belief? You've never heard people generalized about Muslims or Islam to that degree? You ever venture out onto the Internet?

    Please don't turn this into a dispute over that exact phrase though. The point is that people generalize alot about Muslims (and many other groups) far beyond reality.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You can't be serious.

    Maybe nobody said that exactly, or something like it (such as "Islam is a violent religion" or "most Muslims are terrorists or support terrorism" etc., on this thread. Maybe not even on this forum (but I'll bet I could find it).

    But surely your not saying that people aren't saying stuff like that out in the world, or on the Internet, are you? "All Muslims are ______"? You've never seen that phrase, or seen people say things that add up to that belief? You've never heard people generalized about Muslims or Islam to that degree? You ever venture out onto the Internet?

    Please don't turn this into a dispute over that exact phrase though. The point is that people generalize alot about Muslims (and many other groups) far beyond reality.
    If that claim is made then you can respond to it but, until it is, you should consider sticking to the topic.

  5. #105
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If that claim is made then you can respond to it but, until it is, you should consider sticking to the topic.
    I objected to unnecessary and misleading generalizations. That's it. You can quibble, or move on. Glad you're moving on.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    [QUOTE=misterman;1060085979]
    Maybe nobody said that exactly, or something like it (such as "Islam is a violent religion" or "most Muslims are terrorists or support terrorism" etc., on this thread. Maybe not even on this forum (but I'll bet I could find it).
    Great.

    Go look for it and then respond to that.

  7. #107
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    China nips in the bud before they can do a 9/11.
    I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking that this event would place China in the crosshairs of Islamic extremism. Maybe it will divert their attention from the US for a while.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking that this event would place China in the crosshairs of Islamic extremism. Maybe it will divert their attention from the US for a while.
    The problem is actually international.

  9. #109
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I was thinking the opposite. I was thinking that this event would place China in the crosshairs of Islamic extremism. Maybe it will divert their attention from the US for a while.
    Not impossible. Could happen 500 years down the road. China has caught up while U.S was focussing on wars. Now that one war has ended and another war will end in 2014, U.S. will divert attention on wars and focus on China's buildup.

  10. #110
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

    [QUOTE=Grant;1060087244]
    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post


    Great.

    Go look for it and then respond to that.
    No. I made a comment in response to something YOU said. Don't change the subject.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •